Old 05-06-2009, 12:17 PM
Serf

Default Re: Harbor Freight Brick Saw

Hi guys and gals-
I just got my HF saw yesterday and built my own stand as well. Looks like the stand above but even cheaper. I recycled the plywood and 2X4's from my oven stand frame (just a bit dirty) and constructed a platform just as large as the saw (should have included a ledge for material storage like previously suggested). I used the 2x4's for the side under-rails and 2x8's for the shorter 'front and back under-rail'. It sits on my saw horses with the deeper 2x8's locking it in place.

Good Luck!

P.s. "Don't be the tool buying the tool any tool can make"
Old 05-11-2009, 02:18 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

i bought the HF Industrial chop saw, with an additional 14 inch diamond blade, both items came out to about 85 bucks with the sale price and the 20% off coupon i had. The saw is a dry saw so i just soaked my bricks well in water and it kept the dust down to a minimum.

I also bought the brick and block cutter, it cut the fire brick nice and straight with only one good hit of the hammer, I think that was 11 dollars,

both of them were well worth the money

Last edited by ThisOldGarageNJ; 08-16-2010 at 05:48 PM.
Old 06-13-2009, 06:30 PM
Apprentice

I just picked-up my wet saw from Harbor Freight! The 10" wet saw (item #95385) was on sale. It was originally $299.99 and marked down to $229.99. I signed-up for a coupon on-line (that can be used in the store) for 20% off. I ended-up getting the saw for $183.99!!! What a deal! I bought the stand for $59.99 and a diamond blade for $29.99. I'm not certain if the balde is best for firebrick. In all my excitement of getting the tile saw I didn't notice this blade is for concrete, ceramic, tile, marble and soft stone materials. The item number for the blade is 42043. It has no "serrations" and pictures I see on this forum of saw blades are serrated.
Has anyone used this blade for firebrick? I also noticed that the saw blade is $10 cheaper on-line...

Thanks,
Bob
Old 06-13-2009, 07:09 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Bob - the blade will work just fine. The ones with teeth are more aggressive but the one you have works great. I went through 2 or 3 of them but it was used for more then the oven.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

If at first you don't succeed... Skydiving isn't for you.
Old 06-13-2009, 08:20 PM

And, as a bonus, the non-serrated blade is much safer, makes smoother cuts, and is never going to do more than slightly abrade your finger if there's a encounter.

Standard firebrick is a pretty soft material, as masonry stuff goes.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 06-14-2009, 08:13 AM
Apprentice

Where are you guys getting the coupons? I signed up for the newsletter or something a couple weeks ago but haven't gotten anything yet!

Old 06-14-2009, 08:16 AM
Apprentice

My mistake.. dang email protection.. adding them to my filter.