Old 08-19-2010, 10:40 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: DIY oven tools

Excellent work. Those tools would be a pleasure to use.

You might try making yourself a wire brush to clean the deck of the oven.
I think you will find it extremely handy.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My costs:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My pics:

Old 08-19-2010, 12:50 PM
Apprentice

George,

The turning peel adaptation looks good. Well done!

I had some time this morning to make a tool holding rack. The primary purpose for this is to have a place outside to store my oven tools where they will be protected from the weather.

I decided on a nice place under the eave near the back door. It is not close enough to the oven to hold tools while not in use, so I'll be making a little floor holder to employ when the oven is active and the rest of the time the tools can hang on this rack.

For starters I scrounged a 48" section of 2x4 aluminum tubing. Then I roughed out the sections I needed to cut...

Frankly, this could easily be made with an angle grinder and a cut-off wheel or two, but I was too lazy to prove anyone could do this with hand tools... Instead, I am blessed to have a few nice tools at my disposal in my messy shop...

Pics show me using a mill to machine out the sections I needed removed, then I used an angle grinder with flap disc and a hand file to de-burr and break sharp edges.

Following that I powder coated with a nice wrinkle black... (The average DIYer could simple use rattle can spray paint.) Last I marked, drilled and mounted the rack on the wall... See pics.

I'll post pics when I get around to building a freestanding floor tool rack. (Though I really like someone's birdbath stand... Might have to dream up something cool along those lines. I do like cool unusual solutions like that.)

CB
Attached Thumbnails
DIY oven tools-dscf0562sm.jpg   DIY oven tools-dscf0563sm.jpg   DIY oven tools-dscf0564sm.jpg   DIY oven tools-dscf0565sm.jpg   DIY oven tools-dscf0566sm.jpg  

Old 08-19-2010, 12:52 PM
Apprentice

And, a few more pics of the build and completed rack...

Enjoy.
Attached Thumbnails
DIY oven tools-dscf0567sm.jpg   DIY oven tools-dscf0568sm.jpg   DIY oven tools-dscf0569sm.jpg   DIY oven tools-dscf0570sm.jpg