Old 08-06-2008, 10:37 AM
Laborer

Default Re: Casting?

Hmm - the stainless needles will only be able to go vertically, though, right? It seems I need something that's going to go around in a band.

It sounds like I'm likely to crack whatever I do though with a castable vent. Shame I'm having trouble source angle iron or I'd to that to form the vent and build up with the firebrick to a flue.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 08-06-2008, 02:17 PM

Angle iron shouldn't be a problem. The places that do structural steel (for the building trades) should be able to get you a piece if your hardware store can't. They call hardware stores ironmongers in the UK after all.
Old 08-07-2008, 02:42 AM
Laborer

Well, I got my rebar from a nice but huge place that does large scale builds - they hadn't got any angle iron in stock, oddly enough. The other building places don't seem to have it either which confuses me. Now I only want a 28" section it seems more difficult to get - I can find 2m sections on ebay, not sure what I'd do with the rest of it!

I need to talk to some local fabricators I think!

Old 08-07-2008, 10:52 PM
Journeyman

S/S needles are about 1" long and form a woven matrix in all directions when mixed in your castable.