Old 04-12-2011, 11:05 AM
Serf

Default Re: Advice please

Thanks to all those generous of spirit who PM'd me with some helpful advice.
Much appreciated
Old 04-12-2011, 03:47 PM
Journeyman

Perhaps, since this is a public forum, and works best when knowledge is shared, you could post the pertinent facts for all to see. That way, when, and if, this type of question comes up again, someone else will be able to benefit from the knowledge you have attained.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 04-12-2011, 08:01 PM

I think that we benefit from an open exchange of ideas. The cost of maintaining this civility is sometimes to give an obvious answer to an obvious question, no matter how many times we've answered it before, or how easy the answer would be to find with a basic search. There have been times when I've taken time from a busy day to tell someone that "no, broken glass, or sand, or gravel is not an insulation material", even when the person might be offended by my contradicting the "book" they just bought.

Rereading the thread, it seems that the original poster got good advice from both Rtflorida, and Fxpose. Yes, perhaps he multiple posted, which is a bit annoying for those of us who try to read every thread, but I'm sure I do annoying things from time to time, as well.

Remember, we do this to have fun. We try to support new members so the fun/frustration quotient tilts to the fun side. I tend only to become impatient when someone proposes to do something unsafe, which certainly wasn't the case here.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 04-12-2011, 08:35 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

David, you nailed it (again). As a moderator do you have the power to strip a multiple post? We have seen it many times and I really believe it's unintentional.

If at first you don't succeed... Skydiving isn't for you.

Last edited by Les; 04-12-2011 at 08:51 PM.
Old 04-12-2011, 11:51 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karangi Dude View Post

I think that all new members should be guided to download the Forno Bravo Plans to READ...
Which was my very first answer on the subject.

Sorry if Ive offended but Ive seen the work of trolls on many forums, they do it just to annoy others.

(just as aside, I used to be an amin for a large 10,000+ member woodworking forum running Vbulletin software done it for over 2 years.
Ive seen all the tricks trolls and spammers can get up to, I used to just delete them after I banned the Ip and email addresses, so yes I am a hard head cracking bastard with no punches pulled.)

Tenpin2, take the advise that 3 ppl myself included gave, and read the plans, they are free.

Last edited by brickie in oz; 04-14-2011 at 01:26 AM.
Old 04-13-2011, 04:47 AM

Quote:
As a moderator do you have the power to strip a multiple post? We have seen it many times and I really believe it's unintentional.
Nope, I have no magic moderation powers. Only James can do that. "moderator" in my heading is just like "peasant" in the newcomers. It doesn't really mean anything other than how much I've posted.
Old 04-14-2011, 01:36 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmun View Post
It doesn't really mean anything other than how much I've posted.
Sort of smoke and mirrors style...
Id like to be named Master Builder as I am now for ever or even better, Master Bricklayer for ever...... James? as I feel Ive finally attained it in real life