Old 02-12-2007, 11:41 AM
Apprentice

Default Re: Pizzeria Mozza Los Angeles - Batali owned

Boy - now that is a lot of pressure on Antica! If you go, Jose should be making pizzas...tell him that Jay from Dallas said hi! He trained me on making Neapolitan pizzas. I am trying to convince him to move to Dallas.

The margherita or the one with ricotta hidden in part of the crust are my favorites...

Good luck and I hope you like it!

Jay
Old 02-12-2007, 11:57 AM
Brick Oven Merchant

Barbara,

Do you have any favorites out your way. Pasadena is beautiful (wide roads, Spanish-style houses and great trees -- at least that's my memory). Do you have a good Italian restuarant or pizzeria to the east?
James

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 02-13-2007, 05:57 AM
Peasant

Sadly, there is only one restaurant we have discovered. It is a good one, but expensive. Tre Venezie on Green Street in Pasadena - great chef. While there are many other Italian restaurants, they just don't cut it, they are no way close. We lost 2 of our favorites this year. Best restaurants are in Hollywood area and West Los Angeles - possible in the west valley but we don't live close. Pasadena has some good places, but a big shortage of acceptable genuine Italian places. Most is really American Italian, or Armenian owned Italian - which is really not Italian. One restaurant which used to be good is no longer worth visiting - the kitchen degenerated.

We are in a desert here. Cooking at home is the best option, nobody can make good pasta, pizza or decent Italian food except for Tre Venezie. Who can afford $75 per person often?
Old 03-07-2007, 01:46 PM
Peasant

i came across an extensive review of mozz a while back which reported that their crust is extremely "crackery" and that a cornice was virtually nonexistent - the review went on to add that both qualities were intentional and that mozza was not trying to reproduce a true neapolitan pie. the reviewer wasn't crazy about their pie.

a google search would probably turn up the review if interested...