Old 08-09-2007, 12:05 PM
Apprentice

Default Re: Campania Pizza - Dallas and Southlake

Campania got a plug on a local Dallas blog...getting some good recognition from the local "foodie" community

Eats: Olivella's or Campania?
Old 08-09-2007, 12:12 PM
Laborer

Congratulations! It has to be a lot of work, but what a job to have! If I ever get done with my own oven project I'll have to consider a road trip to try your pizza's. It's great to follow your progress.
Old 08-09-2007, 01:31 PM
Apprentice

Thanks! This second location has truly been awful to try and get open...code issues, elevator issues, 30 days of rain, too many partners...uggh. Going from a 1900sf neighborhood joint to a 6000sf flagship has been a killer.

But guess what...I'm already looking for my third location for late 2008!
Old 08-09-2007, 01:37 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Jay,

Congratulations seconded. If anyone deserves it, you do. ANOTHER location? You are a brave man.

Jim
Old 12-13-2007, 10:02 AM
Apprentice

The December issue of Pizza Today has a one page Q&A with our own Jay Jerrier. Well done.

J W
Old 01-20-2008, 02:02 PM
Apprentice

What's the latest opening date for Southlake?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 01-21-2008, 08:57 PM
Apprentice

We are actually going to open this week believe it or not! We've hired everyone, passed health inspection, fire inspection and city inspection should be final tomorrow. A couple of days of training then a quiet opening for this weekend. We've had a couple of pizzamakers in from Italy helping to train...they are from Bari which drives our GM Maurizio (Neapolitan) nuts. I watched them training the guys to make dough today and they put oil in! I about fainted. I told them no oil when we open Southlake. I fired the ovens the other day and had some Caputo VPN dough I had made at home...it was awesome. The commercial oven works SO much better than my home oven which I suspect was never insulated properly.

At any rate - a few pics attached...one of the first pizzas (prosciutto and rucola, the ovens, and the hand laid mosaic tiles). We had Italians come in and lay tile EVERYWHERE. I am going to take pics and video tomorrow and will try to get them posted.

If in Dallas...come see us!

Jay
Attached Thumbnails
Campania Pizza - Dallas and Southlake-pizza1.jpg   Campania Pizza - Dallas and Southlake-pizza3.jpg   Campania Pizza - Dallas and Southlake-pizza2.jpg  
Old 01-21-2008, 09:05 PM
Apprentice

Mark - I just checked back in on your blog. Our pizza ovens in southlake have rotating floors. They are pretty cool...we still build a fire in the center, then shove it to the left to the offset firebox and feed if from there once the oven is up to temp. The pizzas I made I did not rotate - but I'll report on that as soon as I get them fully cured. The nice thing is that they really hold their temp over night. When you come in to Southlake I will give you the nickel tour.

Jay
Old 01-22-2008, 12:25 PM
Journeyman

Congratulations on your pending opening. Next time visiting my daughter in Dallas we'll stop by. My wife and daughter enjoyed your place on Mckinney. Is Southlake BYOB as well?
Old 01-22-2008, 05:02 PM
Apprentice

No BYOB in Southlake...we couldn't afford it if we couldn't sell alcohol! We'll have a very reasonable wine list and some awesome beers. Blue Moon on tap!