Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Brick Oven Cooking > What You Cooked Last Night

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2014, 02:27 PM
Laborer

Default Re: What's Bartman Cooking

Ok, time to post more information on those Potato dumplings! Recipe!
Old 01-03-2014, 06:28 PM
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad English View Post
Ok, time to post more information on those Potato dumplings! Recipe!
Sorry no recipe or exact formula.
Make some mash taters season to your taste add couple eggs some flour till the mixture starts to pull away from mixing bowl. Role a very soft snake on floured surface. Cut with floured knife drop into a slow boiling pot of water. when they float place in strainer salt to taste. Put in pot with gravy.

You may have to adjust mixture till dumpling are firm not chewy or to soft.

I added diced grilled onion and parmesan to the taters this time ummm ummm

KB
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-28-2014, 02:20 PM
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrahamG View Post
Hi,

It has been suggested that I link the posts I have made in "What we've cooked last night" together, so they can be book marked etc (Thanks Gulf for the suggestion!)

Can anyone tell me how to do this, please?
Graham,
Like this one. hope this makes sense?

KB

Last edited by kbartman; 01-28-2014 at 02:24 PM.
Old 03-15-2014, 06:28 AM
Journeyman

Boneless Pork Short Style Ribs.

Started my cold oven with some charcoal in the chimney starter. Added some to oak get a good bed of coals. I then browned the seasoned ribs on my home made Tuscan grill. I wrapped in foil on slow cooked about three hours, as I let the fire die down..........The ribs turned out fork tender and juices.................mmmmmmmm good
Attached Thumbnails
What's Bartman Cooking-dscn2837.jpg   What's Bartman Cooking-dscn2839.jpg   What's Bartman Cooking-dscn2841.jpg   What's Bartman Cooking-dscn2843.jpg   What's Bartman Cooking-dscn2845.jpg  

KB

Old 03-15-2014, 07:09 AM
Apprentice

Looks fantastic, I bet it tasted good!

On a side note - Do you not have a problem with charcoal in the WFO? I heard due to the higher heat given off compared to wood, that it can crack the inside of the oven - that put me off, so never done it.
Old 03-15-2014, 10:23 AM
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrahamG View Post
Looks fantastic, I bet it tasted good!

On a side note - Do you not have a problem with charcoal in the WFO? I heard due to the higher heat given off compared to wood, that it can crack the inside of the oven - that put me off, so never done it.
It was fantastic, best short ribs I ever cooked.

As far as the charcoal, using the hand over the flame method I felt higher temps on a bed of oak wood coals then the briquettes. I like introducing the heat to my oven slowly. I feel when I start the oven with wood the flame's heat is very intense. I think the intense flame is what introduced my first crack on my inner arch. I used charcoal in the curing of my oven as many other have to control the heat during the process. Since then I have adapted charcoal in my start ups. I have not seen or heard of any issues. I'm open for discussion and willing to hear everyone's thoughts. As I said before I make many mistakes and don't want to lead anyone astray.

KB

Old 03-15-2014, 10:38 AM
Apprentice

Thank you for your explanation I will try this next time I fire the WFO, I thought people just used the briquettes! Makes sense now.