Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community (http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/)
-   What You Cooked Last Night (http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f25/)
-   -   WFO banquet for four (http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f25/wfo-banquet-four-3513.html)

Inishta 03-13-2008 04:59 AM

WFO banquet for four

4 Attachment(s)
First comes the wild boar..........marinaded for 2 days as normal but cooked in a barbeque sauce this time after a couple of hours coated in Hickory Smoke.....probably what you would call liquid smoke. 3 hours cooking and it was fantastic

Attachment 5847

Next is Vertical chicken and garlic mushrooms. First time with the chicken but certainly not the last

Attachment 5848

Left to right ......chilli beef, cherry tomatoes and rosemary drizzled with garlic EVOO, smoked kabanossi sausage pancetta borlotti beans rosemary and sage, haricot beans and red peppers.

Attachment 5849

Terracotta pot was mixed veggies, sealed round the lid with flour/water paste to keep in the flavour

Attachment 5850

:cool:

Inishta 03-13-2008 05:16 AM

Re: WFO banquet for four

4 Attachment(s)
Boar was cooked on a wire rack because I was concerned about the tomato based sauce burning if the roaster was sitting on the floor.

Attachment 5851

Almost ready.......Garlic bread in the foreground. I was going to rename this picture 'are you sitting comfortably' becaust the chicken reminds me of somebody getting warm in front of the fire.......:D

Attachment 5852

All was not smooth sailing. The weather turned a tad inclement. We are made of stern stuff us FB WFO addicts. Oven is to the top left.

Attachment 5853

Was it worth the effort............you betcha...........:D

Attachment 5854

chuckster 03-13-2008 05:54 AM

Wow! Sure looks tastey, wish I waas there in spite of the rain.
Chuck

BaconGrease 03-13-2008 07:03 AM

WOW, great spread, The bean dishes look like they would be great out of the oven. The chicken and boar look perfectly done.

Frances 03-13-2008 09:23 AM

... that must have taken a great deal of coordination - looks fantstic!

Actually it looks as if you were trying to feed 40 people, not 4. Or was that a typo?

sarah h 03-13-2008 10:42 AM

Yummmm! It all looks wonderful - bet it was delicious. I haven't had my lunch yet and now I'm positively starving!

That's a great-looking terracotta pot and what a great idea to seal it with the flour & water paste - I'll have to remember that trick. Thanks!

jeff 03-13-2008 06:05 PM

Inish, what was the marinade for the boar?
What a deadly spread!

gjbingham 03-13-2008 09:16 PM

Jeff,
Deadly spread? Sounds like .....naaa, never mind :)

Inishta 03-13-2008 11:15 PM

Thanks to all for the kind comments all encouragement is greatly appreciated.

Frances, the coordination is just the same as your meals and bread. It gets better as I get to learn how the oven performs. And your right about the numbers, too much food........the chicken was a step too far.........Waynebergmans vertical chicken picture on site that morning triggered a 'need to know'. Curiosity is satisfied in spades and no food is wasted in our house (problem is getting the house guests to go home) :rolleyes:

Jeff, I'll put up a seperate post on the marinade for the boar.

gjbingham 03-13-2008 11:36 PM

BTW Inishta,
Great looking pool, despite the rain. Looks like a great home you've set up there.

Any progress on the San Marzano Tomoatoes? I hadn't planned on even trying, but I saw seeds in the store the other day and I have a cold frame, (miniture greenhouse) to grow them in over the summer, so, for a buck-and-a-half, I figured, what the heck! I've failed before....the worst I end up with is so-so Roma Tomoatoes.

Good pics! Love to see the rest of the house.
G.