Old 03-14-2008, 07:26 AM
Journeyman

Default Re: WFO banquet for four

George.
Pretty flamin thoughtless on my part eh Sal.( 'N that's another clue as to my final rank of Private).
Mate, sometimes I feel embarrassed, but seldom envious: although I did cast a lustfull eye upon the images of Fethiye.
Uncle Inish lives well in a wonderful spot, I'd reckon.
Youse mob are Top Shelf: I stand back in awe.
Enjoy the coming of Spring up there in the 'Second Hemisphere'.
Laugh big mobs eh, tru.
teach.
Old 03-14-2008, 07:46 AM
Journeyman

Sorry Inish.
GJB's implied comment threw me. (I should have thought, eh).
Mate, if it needs a seperate thread, it may well be too tough for me, but appreciate a bo-peep anyway. After all, custom-made currys are to die for, yes? Goat in particular. 'Gulai Kambing Madura'. Swoon.
You mob would have goat as a staple? Australia is just waking up to it, and pricing to match.
Best I stop.Stay safe you lot. ('n no salmonella thank you GJB).
teach.
Old 03-14-2008, 03:10 PM
Journeyman

Hi teach,

Now that would be a recipe I'd love to try in the WFO. We have a lot of goats here but the recipes are pretty unimaginative. Indonesian cooking is a bit of a mystery to me. Help needed!

Old 03-14-2008, 08:16 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Welcome back Jeffy. Good to read your ramblings again. Another good grin on this end.

I'm intrigued with the goat curry idea. Hmmm... where can I find a goat around here? There was one in the paper a couple of days ago, babe still on the bottle - $100. I could just put it to pasture in the neighbors flowers and be cookin' curry by next winter.

-
Old 03-15-2008, 04:57 AM
Journeyman

George,
$100 is up there with breeding prices:just kidnap the little darling.
Mate, will not only renovate said flower bed, but will prune all vegetation to an astounding height, Plus remodel all horizontal surfaces of unattended cars.

Inish, that surprises me. I thought Turkey would have hosted big mobs of delicious goat. Shows my ignorance, eh.
Mate, I'll try a short-cut message after this: when that fails, I'll go long-hand, eh.
(Actually GJB, I think I heard that top bucks are pulling up to A$40,000 here.Meat breeds, I think, but don't know. Many of our ferals have good cashmere yield. Probably Afghan lineage.)
Strange world.
teach.
Old 03-15-2008, 06:24 AM
Journeyman

Fellers: give me a bogged ute: give me a busted tucker box: or wood that's too wet to burn, and we'll find a way, no sweat: just follow the logic.

This flamin Internet junk is pure crap. I've nigh-on had a heart attack trying to post a simple flamin image. So send me a nine year old, (sex doesn't matter, but stats favour boys, apparently).
Nonono, i'm not a peddlefillier, I'm a flamin LUDDITE! Want me to spell it??
Crikey.
Anyway, all is well, I trust.
Any queries on the goat stew, feel free to ask; I shall ignore all questions, of course.
Inish, sweating on the pig bath eh. (Probly posted already, but I missed it; flamin luddites do that, you know).
teach: the Idiot.
Old 03-15-2008, 06:31 AM
Journeyman

Indeed, all is Not well.
No image.
To misquote Frances:
Dear oh dear oh dear.
One last shot. Tru.
Old 03-15-2008, 06:37 AM
Journeyman

Goats eh. Well here's the Billy.
Attached Thumbnails
WFO banquet for four-goat.jpg  
Old 03-15-2008, 07:52 AM
Journeyman

For anyone dedicated enough to still be reading, my personal annotations re goat follow: would Love to get advice/feedback from people who cook really good goat.
OK, my comments on a divine dish:
Chillies. Naming is always a problem. Use those long, skinny buggers; some are hot, some are not. Can't tell. Lovely earthy flavour though.
"Kemiri" = candlenuts. Close rellie of Queensland nuts. (You mob know'em as Macadamia nuts I s'pose). Sigh. But I digress.
Terasi=belachan=divorce, mate, and no bed-hopping needed. Fermented shrimp. Very distinct olfactory signature at first, but enhances some meals like MSG could only aspire to. Wrap in foil and toast outside. If your relationship is already in tatters, ignore previous sentence. It's now d e d.
Next was Daun salam. Bay leaves are no subs, eh. Curry leaves would work OK I reckon. Don't sweat on that one.
Just 3 final points.
1. Dry-roast all seeds and similar(nutmeg, cinnamon 'n such.)Then run-em through a coffee grinder. (Use yer noggin with seed-size, or you'll scorch the littlies, eh.)
2.Crushing onion'n chilli.
Just chuck it in the blender, eh. Too easy.
Bullshit.
Not a shadow of the flavour that comes from using a mortar'n pestle.
Have no idea why, but the character is totally different. You lot run a double-blind test, and tell me I'm a mug: I'll drink to being wrong for the first time ever.
(Yet again).
3. They say not to use the goat stock. I suspect that that may come from the potential for contaminants to corrupt the tucker: I would dearly love clarification on that one, 'cause I use the old water, eh.
(Maybe that explains the tic in me right eye,eye,aye).
Inish, I reckon you've played me for a goose. Mate, your mob would have to trash Indonesians when it comes to goat: so how do the locals serve'em up?
All in derelict ribbing, eh. (Sooo, Pig Bath?)
I stop.
teach.
Old 03-15-2008, 10:10 PM
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff View Post
Inish, sweating on the pig bath eh. (Probly posted already, but I missed it; flamin luddites do that, you know).
You're right .......as always teach/luddite.................

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f12/...nade-3522.html (Wild boar marinade)