Old 07-22-2008, 07:16 AM
Apprentice

Default Re: Tonights Pizza

Simon,
I had thoughts about the oven cracking as well while I was thinking about getting it. I can tell you that I haven't seen any sign of cracking yet, and I have put about 200 miles on the trailer since I have had it. I did opt for the double axel which added weight, but I beleive helps with a smoother ride. I also do drive a it more careful when pulling it, partly because it weights about 3800 pounds, but also because I try to be as careful as I can when going down the road. The worst wear I have seen is that a couple times a small amount of mortar has fallen from inside the oven and is on the floor when I get somewhere and take the door off, but this hasn't caused me any concern and may be something that once a year or so I may need to do a bit of patchwork.
Old 07-22-2008, 07:27 AM
Peasant

I'm going to build on a trailer as well, and I don't think the over bumps part will be a nerve wracking as the forces of hard braking. A dome seems more equipped to handle downward forces, even shock, than it does side forces.

How are you guys going to prevent the whole mess from sliding?
Old 07-22-2008, 07:36 AM
Peasant

I was thinking sticky tape!
I hadn't thought that far yet, just a vague idea that it might go down well at local fairs etc. I guess the first course would have to be mortared to the base unlike the normal plans? Maybe a cast dome bolted to the trailer?
Old 08-23-2008, 08:14 PM
Apprentice

Did something a little different tonight, my kids planned on having 11 of thier friends over so I thought I would take advantage of firing the oven up and on Wednesday I put some fliers offering pizzas to my neighbors for $10 each. I actually ended up selling 19 pizzas to the neighbors and then after getting those done I moved on to 25 personal pizzas and let each of the kids a make thier own. They were eating pizzas as fast as I could get them out of the oven. The neighbors thought it was the greast thing ever and have asked me to do it again next week.