Old 10-29-2009, 11:15 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: Quick Recipe Ideas - Leftover Fire in WFO

Nikki, your make-shift calzones look great! I'm always freezing 1-2 left over dough balls but I still make a fresh batch anyway for the next pizza party. I'll have to defrost my month old left over dough balls and try the calzones.
As for my overnight roasted port, I didn't take pics last time but with holidays and colder weather coming, it won't be long and I'll post pics and the recipe.

2 days ago, I still had 280 deg heat in the oven so I threw in logs to bring it up to 400, put in 2 game hens, a shallow dish of quartered potatoes, garlic, EVO, lemon, oregano and 2 yams wrapped in foil. Everything cooked in 1.5 hours but the yams. Left them in till after dinner but used them the next day after warming. Next time, I'll make a point of having root vegetables and squashes ready for after a pizza fest or bread baking. -Cheers, Dino

View My Picasa Web Album UPDATED oct

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Oven Costs Spreadsheet

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Oven Thread

Old 10-29-2009, 11:21 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: Quick Recipe Ideas - Leftover Fire in WFO

Hey Dino - sounds like you eat like a king over there!

Hope we all get invited around to your place to sample your cuisine. We keep getting teased with gastronomic delight after gastronomic delight from you!!! This has got to stop !!

Rossco