Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Brick Oven Cooking > What You Cooked Last Night

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2013, 07:54 PM
Laborer

Default Re: Pork Shoulder pulled prk

I tried the brine and dry rub recipe on a 7 pound pork butt. Temperature seemed too high but I did not have time to allow further cooling and needed to to get cooking. Started cooking at 8:00 am. Returned home at 4:00 pm and the aroma in the yard was amazing. Pulled the roast out at 5:30 and the meat was falling off the bone. The best ever! Thanks!
Old 01-23-2013, 04:00 PM
Journeyman

Default Re: Pork Shoulder pulled prk

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoyoteVB View Post
I tried the brine and dry rub recipe on a 7 pound pork butt. Temperature seemed too high but I did not have time to allow further cooling and needed to to get cooking. Started cooking at 8:00 am. Returned home at 4:00 pm and the aroma in the yard was amazing. Pulled the roast out at 5:30 and the meat was falling off the bone. The best ever! Thanks!
I'm glad it worked for you! We keep going back to this recipe on a regular basis! You have to try the rolls with it! They are worth it for sure!

Photos:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Oven Blog:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.