Old 05-06-2014, 03:51 AM
Master Builder

Default Re: Pizza...trying new dough and sauce

And receive we did! That looks very tasty. I doubt that there is an end to the pursuit of excellence in pizza or baking. You would have to be happy with that effort and if it tasted as good as it looks then I would be too.

I think the secret is tiny tweeks because once you get close the slightest change to one element of the process may be the thing that makes it but two slight changes and who knows which did what!

You are obviously on the right track.

Build Thread
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Build Pics
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Forno Food Pics
Old 08-21-2014, 03:33 AM
Apprentice

I use Peter Reinhardts dough recipe....overnight with a 1/4 cup of Olive oil. I also go with a fuller fill on the Tablespoon of yeast to give it some pump.

I go with 7-8 oz pieces of dough and make 5 pizzas instead of 6 per batch.

It turns out really really good.

Post your dough recipe if you care to share.
Thanks in advance.
How are you doing your sauce?

I often cook with wine, sometimes I even add it to the food...
WC Fields

Link to my build

Old 11-24-2014, 09:52 PM
Serf

Always make sure you use a scale to measure all your ingredients correctly. The majority of the best pizza recipes measure ingredients in weight, not volume. Based on the type of crust you want, you need to pick the right flour.
All-purpose flour: great for deep-dish and Sicilian pizza crusts. If this is the only flour you have in the house, you can also use it for thin crust, Neapolitan-style pizzas, and New York-style. Keep in mind, using this flour can make it difficult to stretch out. One of the best brands to use is King Arthur.
Old Yesterday, 12:00 PM
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeBaker View Post
Always make sure you use a scale to measure all your ingredients correctly. The majority of the best pizza recipes measure ingredients in weight, not volume. Based on the type of crust you want, you need to pick the right flour.
All-purpose flour: great for deep-dish and Sicilian pizza crusts. If this is the only flour you have in the house, you can also use it for thin crust, Neapolitan-style pizzas, and New York-style. Keep in mind, using this flour can make it difficult to stretch out. One of the best brands to use is King Arthur.
To add to this,
I have been buying Antimo Coputo Flour from Amazon - It comes in 1000G bags
1 package is used for one recipe.

Makes about 5 -6 Pizza's depending on your desired size.
Here is the recipe in Weight. Also I eliminated using the Olive Oil and like the taste better without it.

Overnight ferment
1000 Grams Antimo Coputo 00 Flour
650 Grams Water
20 Grams Salt
6 Grams Yeast

Good luck!

I often cook with wine, sometimes I even add it to the food...
WC Fields

Link to my build