Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Brick Oven Cooking > What You Cooked Last Night

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2014, 02:26 PM
Master Builder

Default Re: Pizza - Sunday.

Dave - I am stunned! It takes a brave Aussie to come out with that kind of news.

Now that you have unloaded that burden I expect that your life will rise to new levels.

There is still football, meat pies, kangaroos and (for a time) Holden cars.

Build Thread
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Build Pics
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Forno Food Pics
Old 01-24-2014, 03:16 PM
Master Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenman View Post
Dave - I am stunned! It takes a brave Aussie to come out with that kind of news.

Now that you have unloaded that burden I expect that your life will rise to new levels.

There is still football, meat pies, kangaroos and (for a time) Holden cars.
We'll still get Holdens. It's just that they won't be locally built, 450 hp tire-frying, diff destroying, gearbox snapping, rear wheel drive, adrenaline pumpin' mongrel mutant guided missiles anymore. Sigh......
Old 01-24-2014, 03:27 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by wotavidone View Post

Eat it like this:
toasted white bread, lightly buttered, then a thin smear of vegemite on top.
I was actually thinking of it with a bagel and cream cheese....I don't like sliced white bread.

Current WFO build -

When we build, let us think that we build for ever.
John Ruskin
Old 01-24-2014, 03:38 PM
Apprentice

Yep I reckon that would work.

Vegemite is a spread that really goes with almost anything, once you get use to the flavour. Salada's, Cruskits or other dry buscuits, celery etc.

Vegemite was created in the 1920's as a result of the need to have a spread that did not need refrigeration and that could be used for picnics and travelling. Given Australia's hot weather and lack of ability to keep things cool while away from home they came up with Vegemite by taking the spent yeast from brewing beer (Fosters Brewery I think) and processing it. Early recycling High in vitamin B it also has a very good health benefit.

Typical Australians, anything to do with beer and we will give it a go

Cheers

Craig

Spike Milligan

"It is only impossible if you stop and think about it"
The Pirate Captain
Old 01-24-2014, 03:52 PM
Master Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobblerdave View Post
Gudday Steve
I'm sorry to have break this to you ..... And the forum....I have hidden this away for years....... But I'll come clean and truthful .... I really don't eat Vegemite
Regards Dave
You're forgiven............as long as you don't eat that pommy marmite crap instead. That'd be un-Australian.
Old 01-24-2014, 08:12 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by wotavidone View Post

On the other hand, here in Oz a Hawaiian pizza is ham and pineapple, and no one thinks it strange.
Not just OZ....in New England Hawaiian pizza is always ham and pineapple. One of my favs, but the good woman hates it....more for me.

And btw, Spam is gross.

Current WFO build -

When we build, let us think that we build for ever.
John Ruskin
Old 01-24-2014, 11:49 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Thumbs down Re: Pizza - Sunday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonecutter View Post
Not just OZ....in New England Hawaiian pizza is always ham and pineapple. One of my favs, but the good woman hates it....more for me.

And btw, Spam is gross.
Gudday
There is worse.... sandwich ham! Cheap ...Comes in a square sausage, 4 in X 4ins hence the local name 4X4. Asked once the read the label. The label calls it Bacon Loaf. Mentions meat but not once anything to do with bacon, ham,
pork or pig. Religiously avoid it

Regards Dave

My Build

My Door

Old 01-26-2014, 12:26 AM
Master Builder

I thought that any pizza with pineapple qualified as Hawaiian. Since it is Australia Day I was tempted to do a pizza with beetroot but that just seems wrong for some reason.

Manufacturers do some terrible things with pork once the processing starts. It deserves more respect and the Italians do it better than most. The whole thing seems to be respected and used there. I think the squeal is the only thing that escapes their process and what they produce is very good.

Build Thread

Build Pics

Forno Food Pics