Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community (http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/)
-   What You Cooked Last Night (http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f25/)
-   -   Pizza for one? (http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f25/pizza-one-14821.html)

brickie in oz 11-26-2010 09:25 PM

Pizza for one?

Pizza for one?

My wife informed me that she had to go out for a works outing meal tonight.
Home alone, what to cook?
I usually do most of the cooking around here as her job as a childcare worker keeps her late.

Pizza for one?
So, light the fire, get the dough ready.

Itll give me a chance to try out new techniques, recipes, oven management etc without the pressure of an expectant crowd..:D

GianniFocaccia 11-26-2010 09:40 PM

Re: Pizza for one?

Perfect time to test which wine goes best with which pie!

brickie in oz 11-26-2010 10:01 PM

All of them.....:D

brickie in oz 11-26-2010 11:35 PM

Some observations.

It takes just as long to prepare for one as for many. :rolleyes:

I now hate wooden peels.
I can make great pizza/focaccia dough.

All wines go with all pizzas. :D

david s 11-27-2010 12:56 AM

You are really addicted. But it's a healthy addiction. Do you have some bread dough to pop in a loaf or two after you've eaten? It's such a pity to waste the heat.

heliman 11-27-2010 01:05 AM

I often do a trio of pizzas. make enough for 3 (although there are only max 2 of us here). I usually have enough to take to work the following day - get the colleaguse envious etc! One pizza might not be worth the effort!!

fxpose 11-27-2010 08:45 AM

I often do pizza for one, in fact I'm doing one tonight. This is where a smallish oven shines. It also gives me more time to enjoy the fire and wine. But usually it's the retained heat a day or two later I'm mostly interested in as I always keep roasts and ribs in the freezer.

brickie in oz 11-27-2010 11:54 AM

I did a small loaf after the pizzas last night and tonight well have a meal out of the oven too. :cool:

Tscarborough 11-28-2010 04:32 PM

I just cook it in the kitchen oven for 1 or two.

Lburou 12-16-2010 11:02 AM

Small Vs Large WFO and cooking everyday

Quote:

Originally Posted by fxpose (Post 102847)
I often do pizza for one, in fact I'm doing one tonight. This is where a smallish oven shines. It also gives me more time to enjoy the fire and wine. But usually it's the retained heat a day or two later I'm mostly interested in as I always keep roasts and ribs in the freezer.

You make a good point. I'm still debating about the size of our dome....Feeling like a compromise between small and large, maybe 38 inches. I'm interested in a taller opening for a large turkey or large ferral hog part. Thanks for making the point here. :)