Old 03-23-2011, 10:35 AM
Peasant

Default Re: More bread

WOW I hope to learn to bake bread that good !!
Old 03-23-2011, 12:39 PM
Master Builder

Since the earthquake and tsunami, I've been baking a lots of bread and sharing it with my neighbors, no bread in the stores. Yesterday I went shopping and all of the bread flour was gone. Yesterday I received my Bosch Universal Plus Mixer from the states, kneading 4kilos of dough by hand is a killer.
Attached Thumbnails
More bread-sdim0319.jpg   More bread-1kg.jpg   More bread-4kg-bread.jpg  
Old 03-24-2011, 02:35 PM
Master Builder

egalecki, Yes that is the place. I don't get to Blacksburg often so I felt it was a real find. Thanks for the info on Oasis I will check it out my next time through.

I have a weekend coming up think I would like to try a meal in the oven. Now I have to figure what that will be.
Old 03-24-2011, 03:44 PM
Master Builder

Just curious. I'm finding that the more rustic style breads that I cook increase rustic cooking in general for me. Lately I done over night slow cooked rabbit stew, venison stew, oxtail soup, and leg of lamb. I'm more of a fish-seafood person, but with these breads, they beg for something savory to accompany them. Oh, and don't forget about the multitudes of cheese. Anyone else??
Old 03-24-2011, 06:42 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Beer can chicken is really good in the wfo. So is pot roast. I've done stuffed mushrooms and garlic shrimp in casuelas for appetizers (great with the bread to sop up juices, btw), followed by beer can chicken (I use white wine and rosemary in the can) with carrots, little potatoes and onions in the pan under the chicken to catch the juices. For dessert, I highly recommend a free-form apple tart- roll the pastry (this is the one time I like a slightly sweet dough for a pie) a little thicker than normal, and pile the filling high. I like to use a little brown sugar, allspice, cinnamon and vanilla in mine. Then flip the edges over- you'll probably have a hole in the middle and that's fine. Bake it while the chicken disappears.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.