Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Brick Oven Cooking > What You Cooked Last Night

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2013, 08:29 AM
Master Builder

Default Re: Jerk

On the first part, apology accepted!
On the second part-Not interested in your "for the record"

Last edited by mikku; 10-07-2013 at 08:34 AM.
Old 10-07-2013, 08:37 AM
Master Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikku View Post
Are you using casings to make your sausages or just the ingredients w/o casings?

You are beginning to amaze and dassle me! Are you married? Your husband must be the luckiest guy in the world! You can do anything! If your not married, you just haven't found a guy worthy of you! There must be a catch or something! Are you mean, stubborn and selfish? Cannot be based on your posts! Must be only us Americans married to Japanese who have this problem! OOps... let the cat out of the bag!
No castings, just easier for me and I tend to strip them off for most dishes anyway.

As to your other questions I find them humorous so I will give it a go.

I was married to a man from West Virginia (a true hillbilly state) If it crawled or slithered they made good fixin's. Yes Polo, ground hog is fair game but most difficult to hunt. Crafty little buggers.

After that marriage was over (for reasons other then the vittles) I decided NEVER to get married again. But...I am in a committed relationship that does not involve rings or license. (that makes it easier to find the door for both of us)

The catch...you bet there is a catch. I'm not mean , stubborn at times and never selfish but just like most people I have my issues. :-)
Old 10-07-2013, 08:49 AM
Master Builder

Well, the person you have this committed relationship not involving rings and licenses is a very lucky person!

The first time we had a discussion, I thought that you were a man! That was my mistake because of the responses that I gave. But through several conversations with friends, I became aware that you are a very exceptional person. I am happy to make your acquaintance and hope in the future that we become friends. I apologize for any stupid remarks that I made in the past. I am not some nut case like "brickie" might think. Just a person with a lot of differerent interests who appreciates other people with varying backgrounds who are free thinkers!
Old 10-07-2013, 09:34 AM
Laborer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikku View Post
On the first part, apology accepted!
On the second part-Not interested in your "for the record"
Firstly that was no apology. An apology would suggest some sort of misbehavior. What I offerred was an explanation, which regrettably, is sometimes necessary to offer to people who rush to judgement.

Whether or not you were interested in the second part, you will find that my advice is sound. Following it will keep you from inserting your foot in your mouth during subsequent posts.

Last edited by Polo; 10-07-2013 at 09:41 AM.
Old 10-07-2013, 09:40 AM
Laborer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faith In Virginia View Post
Yes Polo, ground hog is fair game but most difficult to hunt. Crafty little buggers.
I've often head that young groundhog were good to eat, but I never tried it. Crafty they are, and much smarter than one would give them credit. They are my hated enemy on my property, and I kill every one of them I can.

To you, I will apologize for my exchange with mikku. There are some people on this site that I can't seem to figure out. I will keep myself from responding to him again.
Old 10-07-2013, 10:40 AM
Master Builder

Personally I think Ground Hog are extremely smart. I have one that has been most difficult. He made his hole just outside my garden.

While in the house I will look out the window from across the room. This guy is looking for me and if he sees me looking out the window he hit's the hole. I swear he has realized that if my work truck is out of the drive he is safe to wander. I know he has learned the sound of my truck slowing for the driveway. By the time I make the turn all I see is his ass going down the hole...

Next weekend I'll see how smart they are when I fire up the backhoe and see who can dig faster :-)

Thanks Mikku, yes we got off to a rocky start but all is good now. I don't know about being exceptional but I do the best I can with the tools and skills I have been given.
Old 10-07-2013, 01:38 PM
Master Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polo View Post
I've often head that young groundhog were good to eat, but I never tried it. Crafty they are, and much smarter than one would give them credit. They are my hated enemy on my property, and I kill every one of them I can.

To you, I will apologize for my exchange with mikku. There are some people on this site that I can't seem to figure out. I will keep myself from responding to him again.
As a person with Germanic ancestory, I really doubt you would be looking to eat a groundhog! Maybe sausages--but groundhog---really? So that is why your post is being a wise ass and continues to be. And thank you for not responding again!
Old 10-07-2013, 02:55 PM
Laborer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faith In Virginia View Post
Personally I think Ground Hog are extremely smart. I have one that has been most difficult. He made his hole just outside my garden.

While in the house I will look out the window from across the room. This guy is looking for me and if he sees me looking out the window he hit's the hole. I swear he has realized that if my work truck is out of the drive he is safe to wander. I know he has learned the sound of my truck slowing for the driveway. By the time I make the turn all I see is his ass going down the hole...

Next weekend I'll see how smart they are when I fire up the backhoe and see who can dig faster :-)
The first year we owned this property I killed 40+ groundhogs. The next year the number was in the 30's, and has gone down every year.

When I started I was able to get close enough to kill them with a 20 gauge shotgun. Now I've got to sneak down to field and pick them off from 80 to 100yards with a .22 rifle.

It is key to fill in their holes after you kill them, if not a new tenant will move in. The backhoe idea is a good one, I'll bet Bill Murray wishes he had that idea