Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Brick Oven Cooking > What You Cooked Last Night

Like Tree11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2014, 02:29 PM
Apprentice

Default Re: Graham's Grub

We had some friends over on Friday the 13th and we did 3 beer can chickens, coleslaw and salad, with different sauces. Hot jalapeño, Louisiana hot sauce, Cesare and I gave it a try!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 07-27-2014, 09:08 AM
Apprentice

Pulled Chicken, Belgium Waffle and Sweetcorn.

Last night, we cooked 2 chicken fillets (not a full chicken) in a BBQ sauce and wrapped some sweetcorn in foil.
(Not forgetting the low fat oil and salt - watching our weight).
Both cooked in the WFO, then while the chicken was cooling we made our own home made Belgium waffles and heated up the BBQ sauce.

Results below.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 07-27-2014, 09:30 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Very tasty looking. I have been very successful with the "Seefood" diet....I see it I eat it.
Old 07-27-2014, 12:46 PM
Apprentice

Russel, I like it!

Graham

Old 07-29-2014, 05:17 AM
Laborer

Hmm, my favorite breakfast, Belgian Waffles, combined with WFO chicken, who would have thought it. Might have to give this on a try, thanks for sharing!
Old 08-01-2014, 05:06 AM
Master Builder

Looks very nice Graham. The possibilities of the WFO seem endless. My last little adventure was about blue cheese, majool dates and pear that was inspired by the forum, might have been you I think. It was delicious.

The pics pushed the like button off the screen but 'Like'

Build Thread

Build Pics

Forno Food Pics
Old 08-25-2014, 08:39 AM
Apprentice

Steve,

Yes we did a blue cheese and pear pizza - amazing (my wife's idea).

We had some friends over and did our favorite pizzas and garlic bread. Got the WFO to 450C and put the bases in first then put the toppings on and recooked (trying something different). It resulted in a fantastic pizza that had enough bite in the base

Ham, Brie and Cumberland sauce.

Sausage meat with caramelized onions.

Garlic bread.

Old 08-31-2014, 01:21 PM
Apprentice

Last night we had a WFO night...we cooked the following:

Starter: Tortillas with salsa and BBQ Cauliflower.
Main course Mexican Chicken, with Romana peppers stuffed with couscous and sweet corn.

Starter: Cut a Wrap up in to small triangles, then in a food processor put 2 garlic cloves, 1/4 of a chilli, 2 medium tomatoes, 1/2 red onion and a hand full of cilantro (Coriander) and blitz to a chunky salsa.

We also cut a cauliflower into florets, put them in the WFO for 10-15 minutes, then made a sauce that tasted awful! So we decided to put Baby Rays BBQ sauce in a bag and toss the florets in it - the result was awesome!

We then made the Mexican chicken as here

With the sweetcorn in their husks, we just put them on the floor of the WFO and they turned out fabulous.

We cut Romana peppers in half, scraped out the seeds and put couscous in them (lime flavor). Simply divine!

Desert was Lime cheese cake - made up of vanilla ice cream with fresh lime and a ginger biscuit, crushed in the bottom of the glass.

Last edited by GrahamG; 08-31-2014 at 01:24 PM.
Old 08-31-2014, 11:57 PM
Apprentice

Lunch yesterday was Bratwurst in a bun, sliced with Jalapenos in the center with a chilli and Tequila sauce!

Then for dinner we had Sausage bombs with crashed potatoes, sweetcorn and mange tout!
Sausage bombs made by taking the meat out of some sausages and cutting an onion in half, then stuffing the layer of onion with the sausage meat. I should have wrapped them individually in foil so keep the shape though
Crashed potatoes - par boiled, then layer on baking tray, flatten the potato then sprinkle cheese on top and put in the WFO to crisp up and for the cheese to melt.

Old 09-01-2014, 10:30 AM
Serf

Looks Great!
GrahamG likes this.