Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Brick Oven Cooking > What You Cooked Last Night

Like Tree10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2014, 08:18 AM
Apprentice

Default Re: Graham's Grub

I forgot, I coated a lamb shank with some BBQ rub I had in, cooked it between getting the WFO up to temp for the pizzas and had it for lunch. Cooked at 230C for 25 minutes, could have done with 40 mins but was lovely

Old 03-16-2014, 01:09 PM
Apprentice

Today after a good morning of rugby, we put some Turkey legs in the WFO, one was coated in a BBQ dry rub and the other was in Olive Oil and salt & pepper.

Then we started making dinner, my wife did the hard work and we just put it in the WFO.

We have Chorizo in red wine, sliced and cooked for 20 minutes being covered with foil, then remove the foil for the last 10 minutes.

Chicken wings, 1 batch in BBQ rub and 1 batch in salt & pepper rub. Put the rub on and put them in a baking tray and then into the oven.

The table:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 03-24-2014, 12:25 PM
Apprentice

We used the "brick" yesterday, the result was awesome!

We had been told to soak the brick for 30 minutes in cold water, so we did, while it was soaking I set the fire up inside the WFO, ready to go - the brick should go in an unlite oven and heat up gradually.

My better half prepared the veggies perfectly (as always.) The veggies were:
leeks, parsnips, celeriac, carrots, red onion and garlic. All thickly sliced. Half put into the base of the brick, then the chicken was put into the brick and a lemon in quarters inserted into the chicken cavity with some Thyme.

Half a bottle of white wine added (probably too much...) anyway the lid was put on and taken to the WFO. Put in on the right facing the fire on the opposite side. Then lit the fire.

When it got to 210C I stopped putting wood on the fire! And I closed the door to retain the heat. Put the balance of the veggies into a foil tray and put them in the WFO to cook after 30 minutes - giving the chicken a head start.

Cooked the chicken for 90 minutes at 200C and tested to make sure it was cooked, juices ran clear.

Then we removed the lid and the smell was fantastic!

Put the veggies into the lid and put them back into the WFO to cook/dry out!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 03-24-2014, 12:29 PM
Apprentice

Trimmed the chicken and put it on the plates with the cooked veggies.

The table ready for hungry people.

Finished off with a mirengue nest with peaches, vanilla ice cream and a cumquat.

The stock we kept and made a vegetable soup tonight for dinner.

Old 03-24-2014, 04:57 PM
Master Builder

Looks extremely tasty Graham. Thanks for sharing, keep it coming.
GrahamG likes this.

Build Thread

Build Pics

Forno Food Pics
Old 04-19-2014, 03:47 AM
Apprentice

Good Friday Pizza!

We created: Pineapple, mushroom and onion, my wife's favorite!
Before it went into the WFO.

When it was cooked.

Then we tried a Blue Cheese, Pear and Walnut pizza - AMAZING!

Put the tomato base on, put the slices of pear on then crumbled the cheese around the pizza. The taste was amazing, getting tangy blue cheese, with the sweetness of the pear and bite of the walnut.

Before...

After...

Old 05-19-2014, 05:49 AM
Apprentice

Last night (Sunday 18th May 14) we had pizza.

The above pizza is Pineapple, mushroom and red onion and not forgetting garlic bread.

Above pizza is a split pizza, half was Peperoni and the other half Chicken Ceasar.

Pizza above is mine - half Feta cheese with black olives and the other half is BBQ chicken with Louisiana Hot Sauce!

*Used cooked chicken from the supermarket, shredded some chicken and mixed BBQ sauce in with it and spread on base and then cooked it, then put the hot sauce on the pizza when ready to serve.

Finished off with a nice bottle of red wine.

Old 05-19-2014, 06:12 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

You are quite a WFO foodie....I just moved my wood pile and sorted out the woods that need drying and those ready to use so I am good to start cooking. My wife would like that pear blue cheese pie very much.
GrahamG and Greenman like this.

Experiences are the names I call my mistakes!

Link to my build -

My Picassa Picture Log
Old 05-20-2014, 07:44 AM
Master Builder

Good looking tasty food there.
GrahamG likes this.
Matthew 19:26. With God all things are possible.

My Build:
Old 06-17-2014, 01:26 PM
Apprentice

The pear and blue cheese pizza was my wife's suggestion, and I am glad I tried it. The sweetness of the pear matched the tang of the cheese-delicious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahBeehiver View Post
You are quite a WFO foodie....I just moved my wood pile and sorted out the woods that need drying and those ready to use so I am good to start cooking. My wife would like that pear blue cheese pie very much.

« K's Creations | - »