Old 10-01-2009, 03:52 AM
Apprentice

Default Re: 2009 Wine Making time!!

We do use the kits as well as doing it the old timers way. The kits are SOOOO much CLEANER and you get a great product. It is also a bit less work than the beer - you dont have to "cook" it!! Also all the equipment you use for the beer you can use for the wine!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 10-01-2009, 06:26 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

<<Also all the equipment you use for the beer you can use for the wine!>>

Not if he's already using it! Seriously, he's gotten really into the beer thing. His first one, an oatmeal stout, has been praised to the skies (but he thinks it could be better) He's got a Belgian abbey ale in the secondary and a smoked porter in the primary. I don't drink beer at all, but it all smells pretty good, for beer.

Now wine, I could get into. Especially if I don't have to cook it. That porter had to steep for 90 minutes! And he runs me out of my own kitchen while he's doing it! Hmph.

I was looking at the all juice, with the skins pack. It looks sort of spendy until you figure up what each bottle would cost, which isn't bad at all, if it's drinkable. I'm not that picky- I tend to spend between 6 and 12 dollars a bottle at my local wine store- they get some really good buys (hence the 6 dollar bottle).

Maybe when things calm down a bit I'll give it a whack. I'm still settling in at a new job 3 days a week and trying to do everything else too.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 10-10-2009, 01:28 PM
Apprentice

The wine is coming along just fine and sitting in demi's and carboys until we bottle in december. Color is looking good, flavor is great, hopefully this will all improve as it sits in the basement....I love doing this!!
Attached Thumbnails
2009 Wine Making time!!-wine.jpg   2009 Wine Making time!!-wine2.jpg