Old 08-06-2007, 12:35 AM
Peasant

Default Re: Anyone ever made Weber Grill Pizza on a Stone?

I posted 2 videos on YouTube to demonstrate the Little Black Egg. The first video is a tour of the LBE and the second video is a demo of a pizza making session. The pizza dough is 50% stone ground whole grain.

YouTube - Little Black Egg

YouTube - Little Black Egg Cooks Pizza

Villa Roma
Old 08-06-2007, 07:20 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Villa,

Very well done indeed. Very clear, well shot and well explained. Thanks for taking the time and doing the work.

Jim
Old 08-07-2007, 06:28 PM
Peasant

so glad I asked the question... I have been away working myself to death dreaming of doing this and lo and behold the god of Weber Grill Pizza comes down to demo the most amusing and entertaining pizza making I have ever had the pleasure to witness, and so much more.

Villa Roma - you totally rock a Weber dude - thanks for your amazing diligence and incredible work. Amazing.

(Cheney never dreamed about your use for duct tape.)
Old 08-08-2007, 10:01 PM
Peasant

Wow BarbaraC, you've been gone for quite some time. We were about ready to put out an APB (All Pizza Bulletin) to help find you!

With all that work you've been doing, it sounds like you could use a much deserved break. What better way to unwind than to make pizza. There's something almost therapeutic about working the dough and making a pizza that's superior and healthier than anything you can buy.

You can even get creative when making pizza. For example, a while ago my brothers’ cat (Cracker Jack) vanished for several months. As you can imagine his daughters were devastated and almost all hope was lost but then Jack suddenly returned. To celebrate the occasion I made a pizza with a message. Check it out, it's 2/3 whole wheat!

Got baseball fans coming over for the big game? Imagine their delight when you surprise them with a baseball pizza? Cheese pizza with finely chopped red pepper to define the stitching and your teams emblem emblazoned in the middle. The possibilities are virtually endless. So much pizza, so little time!

Thanks and welcome back, Villa Roma
Attached Thumbnails
Anyone ever made Weber Grill Pizza on a Stone?-pizza4e.jpg   Anyone ever made Weber Grill Pizza on a Stone?-pizza4ae.jpg  

Last edited by Villa Roma; 08-08-2007 at 11:24 PM.
Old 08-09-2007, 08:05 AM
Peasant

you are one amazing pizzaiolo.

Thanks for the pizza pep talk and the inspiration. I need to make some dough - with flour this time.
Old 08-11-2007, 10:07 AM
Peasant

I just couldn't resist it. I had to make a baseball pizza! Maybe they'll start selling these at Fenway!

Go Red Sox......Villa Roma
Attached Thumbnails
Anyone ever made Weber Grill Pizza on a Stone?-red-sox-pizza-1.jpg   Anyone ever made Weber Grill Pizza on a Stone?-red-sox-pizza-2.jpg  
Old 08-13-2007, 05:05 PM
Brick Oven Merchant

Hey Villa,

I love the Sox pizza. Excellent.

I have a question on your corncione. I see that you are leaving the rim raised with your pizza base and leaving your sauce about 3/4" from the rim -- which really gives you a big and poofy cornicione. Are you getting nice air holes in the rim? I was wondering what would happen if you kept the corncione thinner (about the same as the rest of the pizza), and left it to poof up only by leaving the sauce away from it.

What do you think? Worth a try? Or, do you like the chunkier rim?

Inquiring minds...
James

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 08-14-2007, 10:55 PM
Peasant

Hi James,

This batch of pizza was my first attempt at a Neapolitan style pizza. I only used flour, water, salt, starter and vit C. It puffed up much more than I had expected and had nice big air holes. I'll have to cut the amount of starter in half next time.

The recipe:

400 gm GM unbleached all purpose flour
400 gm GM Harvest King bread flour
528 gm cold water (66%)
1/2 cup rye starter
16 gm salt (2%)
pinch ascorbic acid (vitamin C)

For anyone that's interested, here's the link to a video of my first attempt at Neapolitan pizza using the LBE. I experimented with the temps at 690, 750 and 850 degrees. The video is in two parts, the first video is about 5 minutes and has an intro and the dough prep. The second video is about 3 minutes and is the cookoff of the pizzas. If for some reason the links don't work just do a search for "Little Black Egg Neapolitan" at YouTube.

YouTube - Little Black Egg cooks Neapolitan Pizza part 1

YouTube - Little Black Egg cooks Neapolitan Pizza part 2

Villa Roma
Attached Thumbnails
Anyone ever made Weber Grill Pizza on a Stone?-pizza-4.jpg   Anyone ever made Weber Grill Pizza on a Stone?-pizza-side-1.jpg  

Last edited by Villa Roma; 08-15-2007 at 01:26 AM.
Old 09-30-2007, 08:27 AM
Peasant

Here's a few pizzas I made this weekend. The first two are 66% whole grain and the second two are 100% whole grain. Cooked at 650 degrees for 3->3 1/2 minutes.

Villa Roma
Attached Thumbnails
Anyone ever made Weber Grill Pizza on a Stone?-reverse-ldc-2.jpg   Anyone ever made Weber Grill Pizza on a Stone?-reverse-ldc-5.jpg   Anyone ever made Weber Grill Pizza on a Stone?-gm-ww-fresh.jpg   Anyone ever made Weber Grill Pizza on a Stone?-hm-ww-fresh.jpg  
Old 09-30-2007, 08:32 AM
Peasant

Here's a football pizza made with the same 66% whole grain dough.

Villa Roma
Attached Thumbnails
Anyone ever made Weber Grill Pizza on a Stone?-football-1.jpg