Old 01-15-2007, 02:59 PM
Serf

Default Re: Video and YouTube

As a future Pompeii oven builder, I say bring on the videos!

Ali aka Henbogle
Old 01-15-2007, 03:13 PM
Journeyman

So. I guess you guys wany to see some of my footage huh? A teaser trailer is in the pipeline right now, and i'd love to post it on the Fornobravo site first. I'd show some work in progress sequences, but it's an early learned rule in filmmaking to not show anyone your unfinished work. All the disclaimers in the world can't change a first impression. Video is the future. I'm in.
Old 01-15-2007, 03:39 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Brick,

Looks like I'll be doing an interior corner installation in the near future. Would there be an interest, you think, in short progress clips on it? Might be fun and even helpful. Originally, I was thinking of a photo doc, but maybe not. So where's the unfinished footage?

Jim
Old 01-15-2007, 05:08 PM
Journeyman

Sounds great Jim. If you have a tripod, you can set your camera up and intermittently turn it on as you progress. When you edit it, you can speed up the footage and have a low budget time lapse. A locked off shot we call it. I have a time lapse feature on my camera I've been employing to great looking results. It shoots a second of footage every 15 seconds. Expect a trailer in about a month.
Old 01-16-2007, 01:02 AM
Brick Oven Merchant

Mark,

We did Google ads a few years ago, but I decided to focus on getting good results in the actual Google search results -- which has worked out well. Hard work, but worth it. We are #1 for pizza ovens, #2 and #3 for brick ovens, #1 for pizza peels, etc. FB.com is the most popular site for pizza oven and pizza related topics by a wide margin -- and still growing fast.

The attached graphic shows our pages views per week over the past two years. Cool.

Next step, I will do my YouTube research and report back.

Nick -- we would be proud to host your trailer on FB.com. Great idea.
James
Attached Thumbnails
Video and YouTube-graph_summary_areachart.php.jpg  

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-17-2007, 04:54 PM
Journeyman

How come the 'returning' visitors' curve is flat throughout?
Item. Re the you-tubing: in my not so humble opinion (I'm a former journo), it would be more useful to see nicely time-graduated step-by-step STILL photos of relevant technical stuff. The video can cause info overload, apart from the fact that the quality is usually rather poor... I admit it tickles the vanity bone, but.

Add to this that it is time-consuming and resource inefficient, and the chips come down on the photo sequence side any day.

Ciao,

Carioca