Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Good Background Information > Brick Oven Photos

Like Tree11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2013, 08:14 AM
Laborer

Default Re: Starting 42" NW Pensylvania

Quote:
Originally Posted by hodgey1 View Post
Progress: I have all the slates installed now thanks to my helper shown below. I am now just waiting to receive the ridge cap, soffit and fascia I have on order. Hopefully in time to install this coming weekend.
Nice job hodgey1 ! Although you supervisor doesn't seem very impressed. ;-)

I like you use of materials. Looks like it could have been there for 100 years and will be for another 100.

On the last pic do I see a granite slab counter surface? Nice.

C-dad
Old 11-06-2013, 03:51 PM
Journeyman

C-Dad, thanks for the props on my finishes. My labradore waits patiently for me always in hopes I throw something for him to fetch. Yes you did catch granite, another reclaim from a contractor friend of mine. Believe it or not, some customer of his was ripping it out so I'm going to have it cut and shaped into my counter top.

Link to my photo album:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Link to my build:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 11-06-2013, 06:00 PM
Laborer

Way to go!

I noticed you favor meat pizza. I'm sure your Lab approves. I know I do. lol
Old 11-07-2013, 07:43 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Congrats on the plugging of the dome.

Experiences are the names I call my mistakes!

Link to my build -

My Picassa Picture Log
Old 11-07-2013, 09:16 AM
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahBeehiver View Post
Congrats on the plugging of the dome.
Thanks Russell!

Link to my photo album:

Link to my build:

Last edited by hodgey1; 11-07-2013 at 09:17 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 04-28-2014, 09:13 AM
Journeyman

Hello all, its been a long cold winter here in NW Pennsylvania. I am finally getting back to my WFO project after a winter hiatus , I'm currently 12 months in and probably 2 or 3 more to go. I have been doing some small fires the last few days trying to dry out any accumulated moisture in the brick since I haven't fired it since November.

My wife has helped me the last two weekends cut and install the reclaimed granite that we received. We first considered paying someone to come out and cut, fit and install it but no one seemed to over joy'd about cutting it not having sold it..... So, I bought a wet handheld saw for $89 and we went to town making 7 cuts with no real errors to speak of. Both my wife and I where very happy with the results. I still have some fine tuning but all in all its about done.

This has of course opened up a whole new project which I contemplate for the summer of 2015. The configuration we ended up with has the granite coming out from the stove creating the most awesome seating area around the stove enabling guest to sit and watch. Now we have this cool seating area and grass below , so can you say brick patio? Next year.
Attached Thumbnails
Starting 42" NW Pensylvania-1.jpg   Starting 42" NW Pensylvania-img_2368.jpg   Starting 42" NW Pensylvania-img_2377.jpg   Starting 42" NW Pensylvania-img_2378.jpg   Starting 42" NW Pensylvania-img_2385.jpg  

Starting 42" NW Pensylvania-img_2388.jpg  
Gulf likes this.

Link to my photo album:

Link to my build:
Old 04-28-2014, 09:17 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Nice work on the granite. Nothing like saying "We did it ourselves" gotta give the SWMBO credit too.

Link to my build -

My Picassa Picture Log
Old 04-29-2014, 03:21 PM
Journeyman

Thanks Russel for the kind words. We were very proud of the outcome especially since we had done it ourselves. Believe me, I obey my helper!

Link to my photo album:

Link to my build:
Old 05-19-2014, 08:31 AM
Journeyman

The last two weeks here in NW PA have been challenging to get work done due to some pretty crappy weather "again", wet and cool. None the less I have been able to put some finishing touches on the counter/bar area I installed last week. I built a wood/kindling storage area underneath the counter. Also, made a 2" hole in the counter to receive a crank up umbrella.

This weekend when it wasn't raining, a friend of mine who's a contractor helped me install the copper soffit and fascia. I hadn't ever tackled doing either before, I am so glad I waited for his help. What he did in two or three hours would've taken me double that and I'm sure his work was better seeing's he does it for a living. I am hoping to start this weekend on installing stone on the exterior, hope the weather improves, we had a frost Sunday morning here.
Attached Thumbnails
Starting 42" NW Pensylvania-img_5290.jpg   Starting 42" NW Pensylvania-img_5298.jpg   Starting 42" NW Pensylvania-img_5293.jpg   Starting 42" NW Pensylvania-img_5292.jpg   Starting 42" NW Pensylvania-img_5297.jpg  

Starting 42" NW Pensylvania-img_5296.jpg  
Gulf likes this.

Link to my photo album:

Link to my build:
Old 05-19-2014, 09:13 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Shaping up very nicely.

Link to my build -

My Picassa Picture Log