Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Good Background Information > Brick Oven Photos

Like Tree11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2013, 05:58 PM
Apprentice

Default Re: Starting 42" NW Pensylvania

Chris,
Looking great.
Margaret says some copper gutters would go a long way on that beautiful slate roof!!!

TB

Link to my build -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 09-12-2013, 04:26 AM
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by boylanta View Post
Chris,
Looking great.
Margaret says some copper gutters would go a long way on that beautiful slate roof!!!

TB
Tell Margaret thanks for the design tip, ask her how she thinks gold-plated leaf gaurds would look with the copper gutters?
Old 09-26-2013, 09:51 AM
Journeyman

Hello All,

I haven't made much progress on my WFO since completing the roof a week or two ago. I felt like I needed a brake after 16 weeks of working on it. This weekend I'm going to get back after it. In the mean time I have put all my photo's into a Forno Bravo album and you will find the link to it below. It was a real challenge for me to get these pictures in order using the FB album, if anyone has a trick to re sequence the pics let me know.

Chris
Link to my album: http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/memb...nsylvania.html
mirassou likes this.

Last edited by hodgey1; 09-26-2013 at 09:52 AM. Reason: Addition
Old 09-26-2013, 11:48 AM
Apprentice

I'm on hold as well finished the roof counter an stucco just need to put the veneer on I'm to busy using it take a break winter is coming
Old 10-29-2013, 11:03 AM
Peasant

Beautiful finish Chris! I'm inspired to get to the same place as soon as I can get back to work. At this point it seems like the dome is going to be the easy part!

Regards,

Joe
Old 10-29-2013, 11:45 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by hodgey1 View Post
if anyone has a trick to re sequence the pics let me know.
Post 'em on facebook and then post a link here!

Picture sites like smugmug and flicker are a whole lot easier to use than the software they use for this forum.
Gulf likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 10-29-2013, 04:45 PM
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breadjunkie View Post
Beautiful finish Chris! I'm inspired to get to the same place as soon as I can get back to work. At this point it seems like the dome is going to be the easy part!

Regards,

Joe
Thanks Joe. Hope you get her weathered in soon, winter about here.

Link to my photo album:

Link to my build:
Old 10-29-2013, 04:49 PM
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by deejayoh View Post
Post 'em on facebook and then post a link here!

Picture sites like smugmug and flicker are a whole lot easier to use than the software they use for this forum.
DJ, I wish I had done that and I may yet. I racked my brain tring to get proper sequencing of my photos using the FB album. I got them fairly good but not perfect.

Link to my photo album:

Link to my build:
Old 11-02-2013, 05:18 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Just checked out your album, excellent job on the oven and finishes. I especially like the timber trim and reclaimed slate roof...there is little other roof material that can match that for character IMO. I didn't catch if you bent the copper drip edge or if you bought it, but it accents the roof nicely. Smart to use Ice & Water shield on your sheathing too.

Current WFO build -

When we build, let us think that we build for ever.
John Ruskin
Old 11-03-2013, 06:55 AM
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonecutter View Post
Just checked out your album, excellent job on the oven and finishes. I especially like the timber trim and reclaimed slate roof...there is little other roof material that can match that for character IMO. I didn't catch if you bent the copper drip edge or if you bought it, but it accents the roof nicely. Smart to use Ice & Water shield on your sheathing too.

Stone, thanks so much for the nice comments. Im very happy with how it has come together particularly the slate and beams. My wife and I put the roof on and when we stepped back to look at it, we were both stunned at the beauty. We thankfully didn't pay any never mind to the colors of the slates as we installed them which brought together a nice haphazard mix of colors. On top of being beautiful, I have only $150 in the slate, but then what does a guy do for drip edge and cap? Brown painted aluminum? Hmmm, no, $copper$. I have $150 just in 6 pieces of drip edge which kinda negated the roofing material savings, but.......

I had never done a slate roof before so boning up on line I learned a lot from a slate roof web site which included info on how the eve end drip edge must have a "Cant" installed which is a special bend to get the slate to lay properly each course afterwards. Thankfully I have a friend whose a tin knocker with a programable break, i went and picked up the copper sheets and he bent all of it for me. It was expensive but cant imagine what it would have cost if i had to buy it all pre-bent.

Ive had to put a hold on continuing to finish the outside due to what is looking like a early winter here, todays high 40* on top of being extremely wet. I have been cutting firewood and helping a daughter into a new home, so hopefully i will get started back at it first decent day this spring, cant wait to see it finished.

Link to my photo album:

Link to my build: