Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Good Background Information > Brick Oven Photos

Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2013, 07:00 AM
Master Builder

Smile Re: Starting 42" NW Pensylvania

Again-nice job. That slate is the perfect finish. How is the cooking ?
Tex

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 09-03-2013, 10:07 AM
Apprentice

Default Re: Starting 42" NW Pensylvania

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahBeehiver View Post
Those slate shingles are a very nice touch!
Thanks for the kind comment on the roof Utah, my wife said it looked so nice it looked fake.
Old 09-03-2013, 10:18 AM
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by texman View Post
Again-nice job. That slate is the perfect finish. How is the cooking ?
Tex
Thanks Tex. It is cooking very well, I did six pies last night for family and five on saturday night for freinds. The dome is going white in about 90 mins-ish. then ive been letting temps stabilize where the floor is around 680-720* and start cooking.

Once the dome is white I am ending up with alot of coals which are taking up alot of room in the oven. Do people remove any or just spread around the interior more?
Old 09-04-2013, 12:50 PM
Apprentice

Isn't amazing how easy it is just think these pizzas would cost at least $20 a pop at a brick oven resturant. Just remember use good products cheese, sauce etc. and the pizzas will be delicious. Looks good!! Congrats
Old 09-04-2013, 01:20 PM
Master Builder

Post Re: Starting 42" NW Pensylvania

Quote:
Originally Posted by hodgey1 View Post
Thanks Tex. It is cooking very well, I did six pies last night for family and five on saturday night for freinds. The dome is going white in about 90 mins-ish. then ive been letting temps stabilize where the floor is around 680-720* and start cooking.

Once the dome is white I am ending up with alot of coals which are taking up alot of room in the oven. Do people remove any or just spread around the interior more?
if you need the room, remove them in an ash bucket. I usually pile them up against the side wherever is convenient and keep a fire going as you cook. mainly cause it looks cool, oven doesn't really need the heat at that point. At that floor temp, it really cooks that crust quick i have found. takes about a minute to cook a pie i would guess. I haven't even tried to cook more that one at a time really so room on the floor has not been a problem.

Tex

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 09-04-2013, 05:31 PM
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by texman View Post
if you need the room, remove them in an ash bucket. I usually pile them up against the side wherever is convenient and keep a fire going as you cook. mainly cause it looks cool, oven doesn't really need the heat at that point. At that floor temp, it really cooks that crust quick i have found. takes about a minute to cook a pie i would guess. I haven't even tried to cook more that one at a time really so room on the floor has not been a problem.

Tex
Tex, I agree with the cooking one at a time, when they cook so quick it's nearly impossible to manage more than one. Mine seem to be done in about 2 to 3 min which during that time I'm turning them for even charring on the crust. I now need someone in my family to learn to stretch dough and help building pies.
Old 09-04-2013, 05:35 PM
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by GIANLUCA View Post
Isn't amazing how easy it is just think these pizzas would cost at least $20 a pop at a brick oven resturant. Just remember use good products cheese, sauce etc. and the pizzas will be delicious. Looks good!! Congrats
Thanks Gianluca, I've been ten years making some darn good pizza in my home oven with a brick insert and a two hr preheat at 550* but does not compare to what's coming out of my new WFO. It's been a long road but now serving up some real rewards.
oasiscdm likes this.
Old 09-04-2013, 08:31 PM
Master Builder

In a word........... wow

My Build -
Old 09-05-2013, 04:17 AM
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by oasiscdm View Post
In a word........... wow
Thanks Colin. I see you're getting started on a oven, best of luck with your project. The finished product is a real accomplishment and worth the long journey.

Chris

Last edited by hodgey1; 09-05-2013 at 04:22 AM. Reason: Type-O
Old 09-11-2013, 12:27 PM
Apprentice

Progress: I have all the slates installed now thanks to my helper shown below. I am now just waiting to receive the ridge cap, soffit and fascia I have on order. Hopefully in time to install this coming weekend.
Attached Thumbnails
Starting 42" NW Pensylvania-img_4586-large-.jpg   Starting 42" NW Pensylvania-img_4589-large-.jpg   Starting 42" NW Pensylvania-img_4587-large-.jpg   Starting 42" NW Pensylvania-img_4591-large-.jpg  
deejayoh and Gulf like this.