Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Good Background Information > Brick Oven Photos

Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2013, 06:57 AM
Apprentice

Default Re: Starting 42" NW Pensylvania

It is my 12th week since starting this major backyard project. I have just completed the 13th ring and only have the Keystone at the very top of the dome left to have it fully enclosed. I have posted pictures below.

The last two rings I have begun cutting each brick using the bevel/angle method "wish I had from start". Thanks to MrChipster's posts and all the information from Boylanta. Once again I am going to repeat what a invaluable source the forum is and its members who's are so willing to help. There's no question in my mind that I would have never thought about starting this project without Forno Bravo and its members on the forum.

I hope to complete the outer chimney this weekend so I can start the curing process. My initial plan/dreams where to be able to cook pizzas for my birthday next week but that's not looking possible unless I could become unemployed and that wouldn't make my wife very happy!
Attached Thumbnails
Starting 42" NW Pensylvania-img_1892-large-.jpg   Starting 42" NW Pensylvania-img_1890-large-.jpg  
Old 08-01-2013, 11:13 AM
Apprentice

Hurry and plug it before it leaks!!!!!
Old 08-04-2013, 08:09 PM
Laborer

Looks great to me .Are you still having problems with the insulation and slab?

Bill
Old 08-05-2013, 04:51 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by hodgey1 View Post
It is my 12th week since starting this major backyard project. I have just completed the 13th ring and only have the Keystone at the very top of the dome left to have it fully enclosed. I have posted pictures below.

The last two rings I have begun cutting each brick using the bevel/angle method "wish I had from start". Thanks to MrChipster's posts and all the information from Boylanta. Once again I am going to repeat what a invaluable source the forum is and its members who's are so willing to help. There's no question in my mind that I would have never thought about starting this project without Forno Bravo and its members on the forum.

I hope to complete the outer chimney this weekend so I can start the curing process. My initial plan/dreams where to be able to cook pizzas for my birthday next week but that's not looking possible unless I could become unemployed and that wouldn't make my wife very happy!
I am glad I could provide some assistance but I was helped by others and all of my brick cutting jig development came from the insight that people like JCG31 provided before me. I hope you will be able to pay forward to others on the forum in the future on the things you learn.
Old 08-05-2013, 06:37 AM
Apprentice

Bill, Thankfully the rains here have subsided for the most part enabling me to make some pretty good progress. The FB board seems to be holding up well even thou subjected to quit a bit of moisture earlier during construction.

This weekend I completed the 14th ring, the dome is now fully enclosed. I also did some clean up in the interior and finished the outer arch. Pics below.

Chipster, thanks again and I'm doing my best to pay it forward with my posts as I continue with the project.

Chris
Attached Thumbnails
Starting 42" NW Pensylvania-img_1902-large-.jpg   Starting 42" NW Pensylvania-img_1906-large-.jpg   Starting 42" NW Pensylvania-img_1909-large-.jpg   Starting 42" NW Pensylvania-img_4438-large-.jpg   Starting 42" NW Pensylvania-img_4457-large-.jpg  

Starting 42" NW Pensylvania-img_4462-large-.jpg  

Last edited by hodgey1; 08-05-2013 at 06:44 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 08-05-2013, 08:01 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Concrats on the plug!

Experiences are the names I call my mistakes!

Link to my build -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Picassa Picture Log
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 08-05-2013, 09:09 AM
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahBeehiver View Post
Concrats on the plug!
Thanks Utah, cant wait to cook my first pizza!

Last edited by hodgey1; 08-05-2013 at 09:10 AM. Reason: Grammer
Old 08-05-2013, 11:08 PM
Laborer

I'm glad to hear that the rain has stopped.Now you can get on it....

Love the up shot of the dome. Now that's the way to save money on mortar!!!!Gooodandtighttt

Bill

Last edited by TxTanner; 08-05-2013 at 11:16 PM.
Old 08-12-2013, 11:12 AM
Apprentice

Progress update.

I finished building the chimney this weekend and doing some touch up work here and there. I also did something ive not taken the time to do since starting this project and that is "clean up". Two five gallon pails full of brick cuts plus one nearly full of the clean-out muck from water reservoir on the brick saw. The chimney turned out very much to my liking and I'm contemplating keeping it exposed when I do my enclosure.

I will give it a week more to dry then im going to start curing fires. I have not secured the stainless adapter plate for the double wall pipe yet, Do I need to use Tap-Cons to anchor it to the bricks or can I just mortar it in place?? Im a little worried about drilling into the brick and possibly cracking something.
Attached Thumbnails
Starting 42" NW Pensylvania-img_4464-large-.jpg   Starting 42" NW Pensylvania-img_4468-large-.jpg  

Last edited by hodgey1; 08-12-2013 at 11:59 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 08-12-2013, 11:56 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Hodgey,

I used expanding concrete concrete bolts with a high temp sealant underneath then capped with a row of brick. make sure you plate is plumb and adjust accordingly because if not it will show up on your chimney as you go extend up.
Attached Thumbnails
Starting 42" NW Pensylvania-63b-anchor-plate-9.8.12.jpg  

Experiences are the names I call my mistakes!

Link to my build -

My Picassa Picture Log