Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Good Background Information > Brick Oven Photos

Like Tree11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2014, 08:09 AM
Laborer

Default Re: Starting 42" NW Pensylvania

Very nice built.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 06-19-2014, 04:19 AM
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yannick View Post
Very nice build.
Thanks Yannick!

Link to my photo album:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Link to my build:
Old 07-05-2014, 08:08 AM
Serf

The slate together with the copper flashing looks better then awesome!

Last edited by Giodazip; 07-05-2014 at 08:16 AM. Reason: misspelling
Old 07-06-2014, 07:13 AM
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giodazip View Post
The slate together with the copper flashing looks better then awesome!
Very nice comment, thanks!

I'm just finishing up putting stone on the exterior. Hope to have that done soon. I will post pictures when I have a chance.

Link to my photo album:

Link to my build:
Old 07-07-2014, 07:59 AM
Journeyman

I'm getting closer to seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. My dear wife/mortar mixer and I finished putting veneer stone on three of the four side of our WFO this holiday weekend. She asked me at least once "is this what normal people do on holiday?" I lied and told her yes and to keep mixing.

There is one side left to put stone on and then do some grout clean-up and also put a sealer on all the stones. So all I have left after that is the empty gable that you see in the photo to be completely finish.

We are contemplating one of the following in order of preference to fill that space, slate roofing tiles, cedar shakes and possibly the veneer stone that we've been useing. We still have to think on it but I'm sure any of those would look ok but suggestion are welcomed especially if they include photo's.
Attached Thumbnails
Starting 42" NW Pensylvania-img_5314.jpg   Starting 42" NW Pensylvania-img_2581.jpg   Starting 42" NW Pensylvania-img_5334.jpg   Starting 42" NW Pensylvania-img_5335.jpg  

Link to my photo album:

Link to my build:
Old 07-08-2014, 04:41 AM
Master Builder

Looks very nice. Congratulations.

Build Thread

Build Pics

Forno Food Pics
Old 07-08-2014, 05:04 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Im a fan of mixed medium and texture, but I think veneer would look the best. Love the slate, but I think it would look weird to carry the roof material onto the gable end.

Current WFO build -

When we build, let us think that we build for ever.
John Ruskin
Old 07-10-2014, 04:14 AM
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenman View Post
Looks very nice. Congratulations.
Thanks Greenman, i really appreciate the props.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonecutter View Post
Im a fan of mixed medium and texture, but I think veneer would look the best. Love the slate, but I think it would look weird to carry the roof material onto the gable end.
Stone, I'm lobbying my wife right now to go with the stone. I think this weekend we are going to do a mock up of a few options and see what it looks like. Thanks for your input as always.

Link to my photo album:

Link to my build:
Old 07-10-2014, 05:04 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

You're welcome. It looks great.

Current WFO build -

When we build, let us think that we build for ever.
John Ruskin
Old 07-30-2014, 08:13 AM
Journeyman

FINISHED ! well, almost. I have the WFO portion or the project basically complete to where I feel I can say finished. The rest is minor cosmetic small items that will be quick and painless. The part of the project that still remains and is an eyesore is the lack of a brick patio around the entire project. It was not initially in the plans but once everything started to come together "particularly the peninsula" it screamed "brick patio. My wife has given the green light to start on that next spring. The delay is because of a few minor issue that involve money "our daughter gets married the end of the month" and time " I need a break".

This past weekend I attached the last veneer stones, what a job when the majority of all of the stone had to be applied while I was kneeling or sitting in some kind of awkward position...... "I'm not 20 anymore". I also cut and installed all of the red cedar shakes in the gable end. I hope people like it, its been a labor of love vs hate at times but now that its complete, I feel very proud of how its turned out and relieved to have it done!
Attached Thumbnails
Starting 42" NW Pensylvania-img_5367.jpg   Starting 42" NW Pensylvania-img_5364.jpg   Starting 42" NW Pensylvania-img_5363.jpg   Starting 42" NW Pensylvania-img_5370.jpg  
stonecutter likes this.

Link to my photo album:

Link to my build: