Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community (http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/)
-   Brick Oven Photos (http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f21/)
-   -   Smoking out the Neighbors in Carlsbad Ca. (http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f21/smoking-out-neighbors-carlsbad-ca-17651.html)

Mike C 04-26-2012 07:17 AM

Smoking out the Neighbors in Carlsbad Ca.

2 Attachment(s)
Almost finished, actually my neighbor peeked over the fence to tell me he loves the smell of the smoke.

slaris 05-22-2012 08:05 AM

Re: Smoking out the Neighbors in Carlsbad Ca.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike C (Post 130554)
Almost finished, actually my neighbor peeked over the fence to tell me he loves the smell of the smoke.

Had the similar experience. Livining in the outskirts of NYC. First fire I lit I started having panic attacks from smoking out the neighbors and fearing they will call the Fire Department. All turned out fine, and for the next 3 days had neighbors telling me they loved the smell. and they want an invite.

Tscarborough 05-22-2012 08:34 AM

Pass out a pizza now and then to your neighbors and I promise you won't get any complaints.

Faith In Virginia 05-22-2012 12:36 PM

Good neighbor. Now pat him on the head and give him some pizza.

Gary Mots 05-22-2012 01:54 PM

Mike, great looking oven. Wish I could smell it over here in Valley Center.:)

slaris 05-31-2012 07:02 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tscarborough (Post 131868)
Pass out a pizza now and then to your neighbors and I promise you won't get any complaints.

Oh Trust me! first gathering I have once the oven is complete will be the "Neighbor appreciation Gathering!" for Pizza and Wine... But lucky for me they are good Neighbors! they have put up with a LOT of noise coming from that Brick cutter! and now smoke! Like I said here in the City where the lots are only 40' wide.. your neighbors are a little tooo close!

dsm 05-31-2012 07:34 AM

Nice oven I know what you mEan about small backyards I am originally from Astoria,NY but now in Nj and just started my build not to long ago

Derkp 05-31-2012 11:02 AM

I agree a little pizza and treats make good neighbors, keep practicing with the fire, before long you will be able to get a minimal amount of smoke. I am still in the hit and miss stage as far as smoke goes. You could also surprise your neighbors with their favorite item, turkey, ribs, steaks and such. I am pondering a bring your own entree item night to share and have them cook it in a 3/4 fired oven. In your third photo is that a steel plate or plywood for your IT on the floor of your oven under the fire?

Derk

slaris 05-31-2012 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dsm (Post 132406)
Nice oven I know what you mEan about small backyards I am originally from Astoria,NY but now in Nj and just started my build not to long ago

Grew up on 34th and Astoria Blvd. ..small world.

slaris 05-31-2012 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Derkp (Post 132417)
I agree a little pizza and treats make good neighbors, keep practicing with the fire, before long you will be able to get a minimal amount of smoke. I am still in the hit and miss stage as far as smoke goes. You could also surprise your neighbors with their favorite item, turkey, ribs, steaks and such. I am pondering a bring your own entree item night to share and have them cook it in a 3/4 fired oven. In your third photo is that a steel plate or plywood for your IT on the floor of your oven under the fire?

Derk

It was the plywood template. Pics are out of order. That was one of the earlier fires.
My political approach is to ask them for an ethnic recipe that we can try. So far i was offered a Russian lamb dumping and an Italian stew... We'll see...when the oven is done.

I apologize for hijacking this thread. I will start a new thread once i get home.

Steve