Old 10-02-2008, 03:45 AM
Laborer

Default Re: small 30ins uk oven - cheers all

Just to let those who are interested know or who have asked about how the oven cooks..

Went nuclear last weekend up to 850F..couldnt resist a pizza try out, so quickly ran to the shop, got loads of ingredients, had some friends over for the first pizzas... my son made the kitchen into a production line...they were lovely...took about 2 and a half mins a pizza - I let the fire burn down a bit to much as we rushed to get them made..Ill cook sooner next time

Everything was fine - Got a crack between the arch and dome but expected
that to be honest so fireclayed it when it was at its widest.

im sure thats where alot crack but because a lot of people inusulate the arch and chimney they never see it...The chimney pot stood up to the high heat really well.

A bit of smoke out of the front arch when I was adding to much wood to quick. When oven was hot and flames were flying out of the front the draw was really good, so I may not extend my arch out next year....just gave the front bricks a quick scrub next day with a wire brush.

what I couldnt believe was next day 14 hours after we had finished and the fire was out the inside top of the dome was stil nearly 300F ...

The weather is shocking now so at least I know how those pizzas taste - looking forward to the spring next year...
Attached Thumbnails
small 30ins uk oven - cheers all-pizza1.jpg   small 30ins uk oven - cheers all-pizza2.jpg