Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Good Background Information > Brick Oven Photos

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2013, 03:50 PM
Laborer

Default Re: Richmond new outdoor kitchen pizza oven build

A few pics.... The interlocking seams are actually about 1" or more so the gaps still leave overlapping material with full thickness of the interlocking pieces. The front pieces are not sitting plump and will need to be braced a bit before I mortar over the seam. I have a strap on these just in case the vent area decides to fall over....
Attached Thumbnails
Richmond new outdoor kitchen pizza oven build-photo-7.jpg   Richmond new outdoor kitchen pizza oven build-photo-8.jpg   Richmond new outdoor kitchen pizza oven build-photo-9.jpg   Richmond new outdoor kitchen pizza oven build-photo-10.jpg   Richmond new outdoor kitchen pizza oven build-photo-11.jpg  

Richmond new outdoor kitchen pizza oven build-photo-12.jpg  

Last edited by sclancy; 04-22-2013 at 03:52 PM. Reason: added text
Old 04-22-2013, 05:13 PM
Serf

Great pics
Old 04-26-2013, 06:55 AM
Laborer

Seams all sealed up with Heatstop50, flue installed and ready for framing the house starting today. The hope is to get it framed in today but leave the roof off so I can cook it a at least few times with no insulation or roof trapping condensation and dry the vermicrete base
Attached Thumbnails
Richmond new outdoor kitchen pizza oven build-photo-15.jpg   Richmond new outdoor kitchen pizza oven build-photo-16.jpg  
Old 04-26-2013, 12:15 PM
Laborer

And so the enclosure is officially underway....I hope I dont regret using just 25ga studs and track....I built the bases of my kitchen with 16ga which might be a bit overkill....and of course I couldnt find 22 or 20ga easily enough.....just 25ga.....this stuff is like aluminum foil...Hopefully it all tightens up with studs 12" OC and cement backer board tying it all together....
Attached Thumbnails
Richmond new outdoor kitchen pizza oven build-photo17.jpg  
Old 04-29-2013, 01:31 AM
Serf

I don't see any insulation on your oven. How wide did you make yoir stand? I'm getting concrete poured for mine hopefully by next week. And then we can get started on the stand.
Old 04-29-2013, 06:14 AM
Laborer

The oven is on an 8" vermicrete base. The dome insulation will be 1 layer of blanket followed by 6-8" of loose vermiculite (the "house" will be filled).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmar View Post
I don't see any insulation on your oven. How wide did you make yoir stand? I'm getting concrete poured for mine hopefully by next week. And then we can get started on the stand.
Old 04-29-2013, 06:16 AM
Laborer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sclancy View Post
The oven is on an 8" vermicrete base. The dome insulation will be 1 layer of blanket followed by 6-8" of loose vermiculite (the "house" will be filled).
My base is the "std" Pompeill plan base - 69 x 76. My Volta modular oven is a bit smaller than a 42" Pompeii
Old 05-01-2013, 04:29 PM
Apprentice

hey sean, I sent you an pm regarding your left-over vermiculite. Mcgills warehouse is out of blankets for the next six weeks.
Old 05-01-2013, 10:41 PM
Serf

Really Really Great!!! The stone claddings are also awesome.
Old 05-03-2013, 02:11 PM
Laborer

Another week and a bit more progress. Managed to build 4 fires this week to begin the process of drying out the vermicrete slab. Most of the house and roof are up and partially sheathed. Managed to get nearly 2 layers of blanket over the whole oven out of one box. Hopefully by next week I ll get a few more fires in and get it all buttoned up and filled up with vermiculite.

A big thanks to BOYLANTA for emailing me offline and helping out with the roof trusses/pitch/venting etc!
Attached Thumbnails
Richmond new outdoor kitchen pizza oven build-photo-18.jpg   Richmond new outdoor kitchen pizza oven build-photo19.jpg   Richmond new outdoor kitchen pizza oven build-photo20.jpg