Old 09-22-2011, 03:59 AM
Serf

Default Re: Red brick oven in NSW, Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony DF 69 View Post
Hi Pete, I thought it was just me! I woke up last night at about 2am thinking about the final keystone I hope to install in the top of my dome on the weekend. My wife cracked up at me today calling it ..... Wait for it , my STUPID pizza oven because I wouldn't go to David jones to help her choose a new washing machine to replace our one that just died! I've been working on my oven most weekends for the last 2 months and loved every minute of it! Hopefully not much longer now.
Good luck on yours,
Tony.
Tony, I can't believe your wife called your oven STUPID! that's very harsh! Hope she eventually enjoys it when it starts cooking yummy food.

Possibly one good thing about a broken washing machine is if it has a stainless steel drum- you can make a great brazier out of it.

all the best with your oven!
cheers,
Pete

Record of Progress:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 09-22-2011, 04:10 AM
Serf

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattfruitbat View Post
Hi Pete,
i've almost finished my oven - taken a month of weekends and quite a few $$ on materials to do it my way. I used a steel arch support - that I'm still not 100% sure if it should stay. Have a look - happy to answer any questions as its my first, but did heaps of research
cheers
Matt
Hi Matt,
I see your steel arch- nicely bent! Are you thinking that now the bricks/mortar are set, you could remove the steel? have you got another steel arch at the oven end of the vent too?
Is there a chimney, or will your door= the chimney?
Nifty steel base too!

cheers,
Pete

Record of Progress:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 09-24-2011, 02:48 PM
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullster View Post
[IMG]
Wife was worried about me starting another project before finishing any of my other projects. When she saw the slab, she stopped worrying.
I'm actually becoming a little bit obsessed with the whole pizza oven thing. I wake up in the middle of the night counting bricks and measuring angles, radii, volumes and masses. Is there anyone else here obsessed with wood fired ovens? Is there an easy cure?

I'm looking at the end goal: I like pizza. “No oven: no pizza!” That will keep me going.

God-willing, I’ll start the base tomorrow.

Cheers,
Pete.
Hi Pete, my wife was also worried about me starting another project before finishing the last one.
I showed her, my oven is almost finished and it's only taken me 12mths.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony DF 69 View Post
My wife cracked up at me today calling it ..... Wait for it , my STUPID pizza oven because I wouldn't go to David jones to help her choose a new washing machine to replace our one that just died!

Tony.
Hi Tony, just wait till it's finished and she'll be bragging to her friends about how great it is.

Good luck with your build guys.

Tags
australia, pompeii, red brick dome