Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Good Background Information > Brick Oven Photos

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2008, 05:02 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: Primavera Oven photo

I think that you are really on to something here James!

Great looking oven and if you can hit the price point under $2000. Lowes.. HD?

Who know!

IMHO of course....

Dave

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My costs:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My pics:

Old 08-28-2008, 06:13 PM
Brick Oven Merchant

Thanks Dave,

Today the FB Forum, tomorrow the world! :-) We have some distribution plans for this guy, and we will keep you up to date.

Dmun, we took your advice on the next to prototype stands, and they are very stable. Next step we will be testing wheels. Either our oven is a little heavier than the competition, or their oven wobbles. :-)

James
Attached Thumbnails
Primavera Oven photo-img_1165.jpg  

Old 08-29-2008, 05:51 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

I love the stand, it looks great!

I keep seeing "Pizza ovens" at various DIY stores for about that price, but they are pitifull, no where near as nice as this one.

Old 08-29-2008, 06:06 AM
Master Builder

I think you should paint it green so it looks like a partner to the egg grills. Maybe we can get Francis to make the Vegas edition and cover it with jewels and other sparkly stuff!!!

I can't imagine wheels. Industrial casters maybe? -

I have some roller stands for my wood working equipment that look like this:

Mine differs in that it has two fixed wheels at the back, two casters at the front. There is a foot activated lever to lift the casters so the base contacts the floor.

One of my saws is super heavy and it rolls around like a champ.

Christo

Old 09-25-2008, 10:58 AM
Brick Oven Merchant

Here is a fun photo of the Primavera production units being delivered in NorCal. We are using a terracotta chimney that is a little bigger, gets hotter and draws better, and we have extended the landing and vent area to 6". I think it's looking good.

We have added a little more support on the stand for stability, but it still looks nice, light and decorative. I will post that next.

James
Attached Thumbnails
Primavera Oven photo-img_1184.jpg  

Last edited by james; 09-25-2008 at 03:30 PM.
Old 09-25-2008, 11:06 AM
Brick Oven Merchant

Here is the stand with the cross brace. For now, we are passing on wheels. The oven is pretty heavy, and we recommend assembling the stand where you want it, and having four strong guys (or five regular guys) put the oven in the stand using 2"X4"s to help. It's heavy, but you only have to do it once.

We are really excited about this in FB-land.
James
Attached Thumbnails
Primavera Oven photo-dscn1868.jpg  

Old 09-25-2008, 11:16 AM
Master Builder

Any reason why the cross bracing is not on all sides?

Adding it to the other two sides will help make sure it does not collapse in that direction.

Christo

Old 09-25-2008, 11:22 AM
Brick Oven Merchant

Hey Christo,

How are you doing? Lots of travel?

Our metal designer thinks it is very stable this way, so we don't need the extra cost or weight. It was almost solid enough without these braces.

I think it still looks nice -- without becoming too industrial.

What do you think?
James

Old 09-25-2008, 07:24 PM
Apprentice

I really like it....!
Old 09-26-2008, 01:34 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Awww, they're so sweet! Little baby ovens...
And you may be surprised to hear that I really like the twirly bits on the legs