Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community (http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/)
-   Brick Oven Photos (http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f21/)
-   -   Premio Oven Final Pictures (http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f21/premio-oven-final-pictures-18566.html)

fred.collins 10-30-2012 08:52 AM

Premio Oven Final Pictures

4 Attachment(s)
I wanted to show everyone my completed Premio build. Construction was poured concrete base, concrete block and rebar, and Colorado flagstone brick strip stone. We used all the FB insulating material but added a fair amount of insulated concrete above and beyond. Works very well. Typically it around 500F the following day. Stays above 200F for two days with no issues. We laid a flagstone patio around the oven. The sink is solid stone (marble) and we have both hot and cold water out to the pizza island. The stainless cabinets were from Costco (Bull brand). There was an existing patio with a water feature which we tied into. We will add landscaping in the Spring. We'll also add some accent lighting.

We will likely add a wood door to the back wood storage area. I'm looking for some appropriate weathered barn wood in keeping with the whole 'Tuscan' theme of the patio area.

We've had a party already and made 24 medium pizzas in about 90 minutes. It was quite a production and everything turned out great. We've cooked ribs and roasts in the after heat. Again, works great.

texman 10-30-2012 08:59 AM

Re: Premio Oven Final Pictures

Well done. I have used a lot of that Colorado Red flagstone here in Texas. Very nice.
Cheers.
Tracy

moderator 10-30-2012 02:12 PM

Hello Fred,

Wow thank you for your pictures. You have built yourself a very beautiful oven and kitchen area. Once you get cooking some more, send us more pictures of your food!

Happy Cooking,
Amber@FornoBravo

fred.collins 10-30-2012 03:01 PM

2 Attachment(s)
OK ... here you go ... the fire and the pizza. As stated earlier, I learned that one or two ingredients trumps a ton (as pictured) and I need to pre-cook the red peppers and onions.

V-wiz 10-30-2012 04:19 PM

That is one beautiful oven. Great job.

REE REE B 10-30-2012 04:22 PM

That is very nice thanks for sharing!

Lburou 10-30-2012 04:59 PM

Excellent job and planning! :)

Ken524 10-31-2012 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fred.collins (Post 141320)
I need to pre-cook the red peppers and onions.

Nahhhh. Just cut them VERY thin. I use a mandolin slicer.

Nice looking oven!!

jeeppiper 11-01-2012 12:38 AM

Beautiful oven. Looks ergonomic...very functional and good looking too. The roof looks heavy! I am curious about the oven door design.

fred.collins 11-01-2012 08:08 PM

On the oven door ... that's FB OEM Premio 1G design. It came that way. It's an insulated concrete door with some terracotta like paint. Nicely insulated. I think FB had issues with cracking. They went with a newer design.