Old 07-19-2011, 02:49 AM
Laborer

Default Re: Perth WA Pizza Oven/Outdoor Kitchen

hey there,

wondering where you got the firebricks from in Perth?
Old 07-19-2011, 04:50 AM
Apprentice

Alex. These are just solid cream house bricks. They are fired at around 1400c so well above the temps a pizza oven will get!
As to the performance... We shall find out very soon! Any questions for supplies on anything let me know.
Old 07-19-2011, 04:57 AM
Laborer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chidding View Post
Alex. These are just solid cream house bricks. They are fired at around 1400c so well above the temps a pizza oven will get!
As to the performance... We shall find out very soon! Any questions for supplies on anything let me know.
hey thanks for that. yea be interested in where you got them from and what you paid.

i built a barrel style oven about a year ago and used second hand fire bricks as the hearth and red brick for dome. worked perfectly fine but cutting old kiln bricks was a mongrel job...

what do you use for the cooking floor?
Old 07-19-2011, 05:53 AM
Apprentice

Got a pack of 256 or something for $300. From midland brick on armadale road. Used them for the floor aswell. For my 36inch oven I've got heaps left over. Can sell you the leftovers when I'm done If you looking for a cheap option.
Old 07-19-2011, 05:57 AM
Laborer

interesting...be interested to see how those bricks go on the floor...and also in heat retention as well....

yea shoot me a message on here if u have any leftovers...be defintly interested in purchasing...
Old 07-24-2011, 09:21 PM
Apprentice

One more ring and a keystone to go! finally getting close!! this last ring was so complex in comparison to the rest. Managed to get them relatively lined up, although one brick from the inside looks abit dodgy, doubt anyone will ever see it.. or care for that matter.. not long till curing time!! hooray!
Attached Thumbnails
Perth WA Pizza Oven/Outdoor Kitchen-img_0589.jpg   Perth WA Pizza Oven/Outdoor Kitchen-img_0590.jpg  
Old 08-08-2011, 01:01 AM
Apprentice

DOME COMPLETED!

Wow what a feeling, although it seems like this has gone on forever, its only been just over 2months, but im so glad to have got up to this stage so quickly.

Now to finish off the chimney spigot mounting and start the curing fires! I can tell I will have to restrain myself with the fires, as im so keen to get a huge fire roaring!!

Attached is some pics, wasnt able to get inside the oven so the gaps look quite big at the top, but are much tidier than they appear.
Attached Thumbnails
Perth WA Pizza Oven/Outdoor Kitchen-img_0629.jpg   Perth WA Pizza Oven/Outdoor Kitchen-img_0602.jpg   Perth WA Pizza Oven/Outdoor Kitchen-img_0609.jpg   Perth WA Pizza Oven/Outdoor Kitchen-img_0610.jpg  
Old 08-08-2011, 01:07 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by chidding View Post
im so keen to get a huge fire roaring!!
Slowly Glasshopper, slowly.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 08-24-2011, 01:46 AM
Apprentice

Finally!

All the brickwork is completed! chimney spigot has been mounted and cemented + concrete screwed in, hoping this will not have issues with expansion but im guessing it should be ok!

Such a relief to pack away the brick saw! was getting sick of cleaning up the brick dust/mess every time! but hopefully it will be all worth it.

Next stage is to put a roof above the outdoorkitchen/pizza oven.. this will be a grey tinted polycarbonte to keep out the hot sun/rain! Doing that in 2 weeks, in the meantime, will attempt to cure it using heatbeads for chimineas.. hoping this is ok? will be using eco firelights so-as to not contaminate with kerosene.

Once roofing is done. it will be blanket/render time.. then chimney .. then PARTY!!!

soo happy
Attached Thumbnails
Perth WA Pizza Oven/Outdoor Kitchen-finished.jpg  
Old 08-24-2011, 01:50 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Noice.......