Old 06-17-2009, 11:52 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: Oven in North Yorkshire UK

Wow, is that a ray of sunshine I spy there?!! In Yorkshire??!!

The chimney pot fits right in, and it'll probably weather in no time. Actually I looked into importing one of those English chimney pots - heaps nicer than anything they use around here - but the cost for shipping was too high. No surprises there though.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 06-18-2009, 08:35 AM
Apprentice

Yeah, this is a great build. I love the stone exterior and the dome looks great. Well done.
Old 06-19-2009, 06:59 PM
Serf

Thanks Guys

We are on with the final roof and pointing work this weekend. Ill post the finished oven pics early next week. Can't wait to get her fired up to proper temp and cook some food.

Cheers

Paul
Old 06-25-2009, 06:46 PM
Apprentice

Beautiful....nothing more,

Peter
Old 06-30-2009, 10:38 PM
Journeyman

Paul,

Very cool build. I really like the way you have kept your oven stone work similar to the great stone house. Nice looking!

Lars.
Old 07-10-2009, 08:54 AM
Serf

The Oven is built on the side of a 'coach house' that is now my office around the back of my house. We just got the oven finished yesterday so here are the final pic's. The roof is made from sandstone and lead is formed to keep the rain off. Have been curing over the last few weeks and had it up to temp a few times. Had to take the top section of the chimney off as the last one exploded. Don't think it was rated for the heat. The chimney itself is fine as it has a stainless steel flu liner and vermiculite insulation. Had to replace the chimney though, as when the top section first cracked it cracked the pot below. Cooking this Sunday.
Hope you like it.
Attached Thumbnails
Oven in North Yorkshire UK-img_0181.jpg   Oven in North Yorkshire UK-img_0180.jpg   Oven in North Yorkshire UK-img_0183.jpg   Oven in North Yorkshire UK-img_0184.jpg   Oven in North Yorkshire UK-img_0189a.jpg  

Old 07-14-2009, 01:17 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

I love it! It fits on to the house so well, really cool. Looks as if it had grown there.

And btw, your office looks about the same size as our house...

Old 07-14-2009, 02:26 PM
Serf

Its not a very big office, 350 square ft max. The oven was great this week end but the chimney cannot take the heat and the top exploded again. I'll post some photos tomorrow. I'm now left with a bit of a problem, what can I use to complete the chimney?

Most Uk chimney pots are great, they sit way up high on very tall chimneys, so the heat that gets to them has been cooled . The heat from my blast furnace however is at 250-300 degrees C and they just can't take it. The top section just exploded into about 5 pieces that rained down on me, well a running me who started shifting the second I heard the bang.

The Pizza we cooked was absolutely brilliant, first garlic pizza was done in 50 secs, brilliant. It was cooking beautiful seafood clams and shrimp at 3 mins per pizza. All with crispy bases.

I can't wait to do more.

Cheers
Old 07-14-2009, 03:10 PM
Journeyman

beautiful!
sorry to hear about the exploding chimney pot.... would a terracotta one be more durable?
you could paint the outside with heat proof paint maybe...
Old 09-11-2009, 07:03 AM
Serf

Those are some great pictures.