Old 09-12-2008, 07:31 PM
Laborer

Default Re: Our WFO in " Jersey"

I thought buying a solid pond liner would be easier that getting a tarp liner. Just dig a hole fill the dirt around it. Sure no Prob..well it was kinda a pain in the A*($! Getting it level and filling in the dirt around, filling it halfway and leveling more, wetting the dirt around it...tamping, leveling. It took me a couple hours of messing with that to get it right. I put in a overflow perf pipe to carry any excess rain water away. I also have pics of the fire-pit hole. The little red guy is excess concrete. We called him the fire-god and asked him to bless our fire pit
Attached Thumbnails
Our WFO in " Jersey"-p1010121.jpg   Our WFO in " Jersey"-p1010122.jpg   Our WFO in " Jersey"-p1010118.jpg   Our WFO in " Jersey"-p1010120.jpg  
Old 09-12-2008, 07:34 PM
Master Builder

Liking it a lot! keep those pics coming!!!

My water feature is on hold until the rest of the patio is complete. General's orders....

Christo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 09-12-2008, 07:40 PM
Laborer

The girls didn't know what to make of the Fire God...The rest are of one of the concrete tops that will go next to the oven. The color we made from Earth Pigments, they're natural ochers from France. The website is : Natural Ochers, Earth Pigments and Mediums from The Earth Pigments Company

You can add them to Stucco, (we used it on the walls) Concrete, paint, plaster whatever you want to tint.
Attached Thumbnails
Our WFO in " Jersey"-p1010127.jpg   Our WFO in " Jersey"-p1010126.jpg   Our WFO in " Jersey"-p1010125.jpg   Our WFO in " Jersey"-p1010124.jpg  
Old 09-12-2008, 07:46 PM
Laborer

Christo,
Thanks, I really like how you finished yours with the tile accents. Originally I just wanted the pizza oven...but my "General" turned it into everything else. And.......the list keeps growing.
Old 09-12-2008, 08:08 PM
Laborer

As the list grows...these are some pics of the entire area now including the posts set for the pergola. We poured the "bowl" for the fire-pit. I dug three more footings underneath the bowl to stabilize it. I poured the bowl about 6" thick and hand formed the slope. We thought it would be a good idea to make a bowl to sweep up the ashes. I also drilled a "rain" hole that led to another perforated pipe to drain the rain water. I acid stained the bowl too, even thought It'll be mostly charred black. The fountain wall my wife picked out some stones I cut, drilled and mounted to the wall. I ground a groove in the stone with my wet polisher on top to allow the water to flow. Of course I also finished the dome of the pizza oven. It has the first layer of vermiculite on it. I later changed out the smaller flue for a larger one. It wasn't drawing as well as I would have liked.
Attached Thumbnails
Our WFO in " Jersey"-p1010032.jpg   Our WFO in " Jersey"-p1010033.jpg   Our WFO in " Jersey"-p1010035.jpg   Our WFO in " Jersey"-p1010036.jpg  
Old 09-12-2008, 08:22 PM
Laborer

I had to put in the pics of the dome, what thread would be complete without it! Here are some of the floor and the dome inside. I liked the herringbone pattern for the floor, I put the floor down first and then locked it in on the side with the first course.
Attached Thumbnails
Our WFO in " Jersey"-p1010039.jpg   Our WFO in " Jersey"-p1010040.jpg   Our WFO in " Jersey"-p1010038.jpg   Our WFO in " Jersey"-p1010037.jpg  
Old 09-12-2008, 08:41 PM
Laborer

Here's some of the insulation blanket layer and wire mesh. Then I coated it with a scratch coat of plain stucco to even things out before starting the insulation vermiculite layers.
Attached Thumbnails
Our WFO in " Jersey"-100_0173.jpg   Our WFO in " Jersey"-100_0174.jpg   Our WFO in " Jersey"-100_0175.jpg  
Old 09-12-2008, 08:59 PM
Laborer

Here are some pics with the lights and the concrete tops in. I also ran a plug and a switch for the lights underneath the left concrete top. I will have more pics later of the secondary arch and further project...calling it a night
David
Attached Thumbnails
Our WFO in " Jersey"-100_0176.jpg   Our WFO in " Jersey"-100_0178.jpg   Our WFO in " Jersey"-100_0179.jpg   Our WFO in " Jersey"-100_0181.jpg  
Old 09-13-2008, 07:41 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Wow. Instant oven. And landscaping.

Really looks good. The general has a good eye for shape! I love the shape of your enclosure. I also like the firepit concept. Maybe in my next house... Your counters are lovely- I like the color a lot. The whole thing looks very, very nice.

I also like your supervisors. Really cute.

Old 09-13-2008, 08:58 AM
Laborer

Thanks for the compliments! Our supervisors say they will not take bribes or compliments...just pizza! What is great about this project is we can really have fun with it, there have been a couple...hmmm nah let's do this color or completely started over on something. You then get to see what works (in our minds) and what doesn't. I know our taste is a little different, but we took cues from everyone on here. It really is a great source of info. I have to take some current pics at where we are at now. Hopefully today!