Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Good Background Information > Brick Oven Photos

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2010, 04:28 PM
Serf

Default Re: Nikki's 42" in Phoenix, where it's hot as a...

Wow! Thanks for all of the help! We'll post photos and ask questions once we get underway. For now it's all going to be about pricing out the project.
Old 08-27-2010, 04:47 PM
Journeyman

My pleasure! Please let me know if I can help in some other way. I love my oven *so* much, and am happy to do whatever I can to encourage others to start their projects.
Old 08-30-2010, 06:52 PM
Serf

this is a great outdoor kitchen. can you post the dimensions on the concrete slab and block base you used?
Old 08-30-2010, 07:52 PM
Serf

great outdoor kitchen area. can you post the dimensions of the concrete slab and the block stand?
Old 08-31-2010, 09:34 AM
Journeyman

the concrete slab under the oven was 62" square, with the corner clipped off. The exact dimensions for the five sides are 62", 62", 41", 41", and 26". The block stand ended up being a little smaller than the pad, but it worked pretty perfectly.

The slab for the workspace countertop to the right of the oven door was 48"x30" and the slab poured for the grill unit was 114"x40".
Old 09-01-2010, 07:59 AM
Laborer

Wow just read through this entire thread and am sad that it is over. Just like finnishing up a good book you wish it could go on.
We finished our part of our build and not being comfortable with what I call the "pretty brick work" we have a contractor doing that part for hunting rights on our land. With that said it has been well over a month since he started and has gotten half way through.

Don't get me wrong, the price is right, but we have been more or less chased out of cooking while he is building as we do not want to have to clean up his mess everytime we want to fire up only to have him come back and mess up the place again. That and we don't want to have a hot oven he needs to work around. Haven't seen him in a couple of weeks so maybe this weekend we will just clean up the area and fire it up.

All of that long rant is just my jealous way of wishing I had the skills or at least the attitude to do it myslef as you have done yours. BEAUTIFUL job all the way around. I love the door as well. And can that baby be any cuter!

Great Job Nikki!
Old 09-05-2010, 03:37 PM
Serf

Nikki, thanks for the dimensions.... was there any concern not having any support for the slab under the entrance to your wood storage?

thoughts?

i am planning a similar build with two accesses to the wood, one where yours is and another one as a U shape on the back 62" side supported with angle iron such as the stand in the FB plans
Old 09-06-2010, 08:02 PM
Journeyman

I'd seen a couple ovens done like mine before I built, so I felt pretty confident. Still, I did put an iron support under where I poured the slab (probably didn't do much in truth, but I felt better with it there), and put in *lots* or rebar reinforcement there, just in case. It's marvelously sturdy, and I'd have no hesitation doing it again.
texman likes this.
Old 08-17-2013, 07:16 PM
Apprentice

Fabulous thread. A baby and an oven? I was impressed with my build, but thankfully I wasn't pregnant or managing little children at the same time. I'm in awe.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 08-17-2013, 10:11 PM
Journeyman

Don't be in too much awe. I STILL haven't finished the veneer work and the baby who was in utero during the build is now 4. ;-) I'm brilliant at completing a task to about 95%.