Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community (http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/)
-   Brick Oven Photos (http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f21/)
-   -   New Build in AZ (http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f21/new-build-az-11070.html)

seank 02-24-2010 07:58 AM

New Build in AZ

The stand is up and I am hoping to start the floor today. I will post pics ASAP.

Jed 02-24-2010 10:07 AM

Re: New Build in AZ

seank,

Welcome to the forum, glad to see you here, and looking forward to seeing your pictures.

JED

sumu 02-25-2010 11:52 AM

Cool lets see pictures of your stand im thinking of building another one on a stand. Found an old metal tractor rim ... 6inchs wide @ 40 inches DIA..

seank 02-25-2010 06:41 PM

I will take pics in the am. I had to lay the floor 2 times. The stand was level and the insulation appeard uniform but the floor still required some leveling to be perfect. It had a slope to it and likely nobody would have noticed or cared but me. But it is now perfect and the first course should be set in the am :)

seank 02-26-2010 08:05 AM

ok, trying to upload photos but they are too big. How do I make the file size smaller.

dmun 02-26-2010 08:41 AM

Quote:

How do I make the file size smaller
Any picture editor will reduce picture size. I use irfanview. It's free and easy to use.

seank 02-26-2010 11:13 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Here are the promised photos, I added a pic of my "crew". Going to try to mortar the first course now.
Thanks, Sean

seank 03-06-2010 08:07 AM

5 Attachment(s)
So I was trying to figure out how to conquer that aggressive angle and I attached a quarter brick set back 2 1/4 inches which allows the first coarse to rest on this brick instead of just mortar. My build is a bit messy and I don't think I will win oven of the year or anything. I am just hopeful for tasty pizzas and other yummy food.

seank 03-19-2010 04:55 PM

The basic dome is finished. My hats off to a lot of you who have really great looking joints and masonry. Mine is a bit rough but I was able to do all of the cuts with a stone hammer and a set. I really tried with my tile saw but the clearance was too small and required too many passes. The wife would have had a seizure if I bought a new tile saw so.... The rough look it is.

I started a new thread on roof design. I am looking for some design help for a roof on the corner install. I am hoping for something a little more appealing than the simple shed.

Also, I used the Thermal Ceramics "Smoothset" and it looks like it is working well. The areas that have set the longest are rock hard. I will let you know more in a few weeks when I can get the fire going.

seank 06-10-2010 07:10 PM

1 Attachment(s)
getting closer to being completely done.