Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community (http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/)
-   Brick Oven Photos (http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f21/)
-   -   Nevada Desert Oven (http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f21/nevada-desert-oven-4973.html)

nevada desert 09-03-2008 03:31 AM

Nevada Desert Oven

1 Attachment(s)
I've been coming to this site frequently since this past January, which is when I started building my oven. It has been a long, yet enjoyable, process, none of which I could have accomplished without all of the advice I found in this forum. Many of you have been a great help.

nevada desert 09-03-2008 03:36 AM

Re: Nevada Desert Oven

Basically, I built a 42" Tuscan-style oven. By the time I finished the firebrick dome, I had become so accustomed to the dome shape that I really wanted to preserve it in the finished form. I will try to put some better pictures on when I have a chance to have someone take them. Unfortunately, a couple of weeks after I finally finished the whole thing I moved to China for work, which means I'm practically counting the days until I can go back home to use the oven again.

nevada desert 09-03-2008 03:39 AM

Ok. Now that I have made two posts on this forum, I should be able to post a link, which is my pizza oven construction photo gallery. Leavitt Pictures - Pizza Oven Construction

I realize that most of you post pictures as well as progress reports of your oven construction as you work, but I suppose I was so paranoid that the whole thing would turn out as a disaster that I waited until the whole process was finished before venturing to post anything.

Les 09-03-2008 07:19 AM

Are those solid cores on the dome? Absolutely beautiful work!

Les...

Frances 09-03-2008 07:55 AM

Its lovely!!

I know what you mean about wanting to keep the brick dome look, its sad to cover it up after spending so much time and effort building it. I really like what you came up with.

And the view behind the oven is fantastic, too!

mfiore 09-03-2008 08:31 AM

Great brick work! Please tell me your a mason!

egalecki 09-03-2008 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mfiore (Post 40435)
Great brick work! Please tell me your a mason!

Man, the work we're seeing these days makes me glad I did mine already. I'd be afraid to start! ;)

It looks terrific. What did you insulate with other than bricks?

christo 09-03-2008 09:51 AM

wow - outside of your dome looks great too!

I love the way the entry ties into the dome - looks super.

Does it cook as good as it looks?

Christo

Wiley 09-03-2008 10:09 AM

Beautiful job, absolutely beautiful!
Wiley

james 09-03-2008 10:21 AM

What a beauty. Great brickwork -- there are quite a few ovens where the brick enclosure follows the lines of the dome. Eccellente.

Time to get those opening bricks dirty. :-)
James