Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Good Background Information > Brick Oven Photos

Like Tree63Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2014, 06:35 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: My Wood fired Redux

The roof looks really good! But,.............. take this from someone who hales as being from carpenter stock. If you add one more row, which will have to be cut to fit, and then a ridgecap, It will look Great!

I linked this stolen pic as an example
GarnerAC likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Gulf; 05-06-2014 at 06:41 PM.
Old 05-06-2014, 08:02 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulf View Post
The roof looks really good! But,.............. take this from someone who hales as being from carpenter stock. If you add one more row, which will have to be cut to fit, and then a ridgecap, It will look Great!

I linked this stolen pic as an example
Gulf, thanks. I am familiar with that finish, but that isn't what I'm doing on this roof.

You might have missed the granite ridge caps I had dry laid on the roof in previous pictures....an example is on post #351. The caps are going to rest on top of granite base plates, which have yet to be fabricated, and those that will run along the ridge. Before all that, I am running a strip of lead counter flashing the top, to cover the last nails on the final course.

Current WFO build -

When we build, let us think that we build for ever.
John Ruskin

Last edited by stonecutter; 05-06-2014 at 08:05 PM.
Old 05-06-2014, 08:37 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonecutter View Post
Gulf, thanks. I am familiar with that finish, but that isn't what I'm doing on this roof.

You might have missed the granite ridge caps I had dry laid on the roof in previous pictures....an example is on post #351. The caps are going to rest on top of granite base plates, which have yet to be fabricated, and those that will run along the ridge. Before all that, I am running a strip of lead counter flashing the top, to cover the last nails on the final course.
Okay,...... So, I'll just have to wait to see the final reveal like everyone else ...

Old 05-06-2014, 08:40 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Whenever that is! Actually, I may be able to get a few of the base plates made up tomorrow night. I really want to wrap this up so I can get going on that counter top and cabinet.

Current WFO build -

John Ruskin
Old 05-21-2014, 06:36 PM
Apprentice

Stonecutter, finally had a little time to go though your build. Like everyone else has already said, outstanding workmanship. The part that really make me appreciate your build is how you have the foresight to vision how every item compliments the other. Great job!!!!
Old 05-25-2014, 03:46 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campmaki View Post
Stonecutter, finally had a little time to go though your build. Like everyone else has already said, outstanding workmanship. The part that really make me appreciate your build is how you have the foresight to vision how every item compliments the other. Great job!!!!
Hey thanks! I pretty much just used what I had laying around, and it seemed to work out well enough.

Current WFO build -

John Ruskin
Old 05-25-2014, 03:48 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Garden is coming along great this year, in spite of the lack of rain. Russ, the tomato plants are looking very good, and I should get a nice batch of seed if you want some third gens. One pic at a time with the iPad...

My Wood fired Redux-image.jpg

Current WFO build -

John Ruskin

Last edited by stonecutter; 05-25-2014 at 03:54 PM.
Old 05-25-2014, 03:49 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Same side of the garden as above, different angle. We've got many different kinds of pepper plants going too...

Current WFO build -

John Ruskin
Old 05-25-2014, 03:51 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Second section, more tomatoes and herbs...

Gulf likes this.

Current WFO build -

John Ruskin
Old 05-25-2014, 06:40 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Wow, those SM are really doing well, you must have a green thumb.

Experiences are the names I call my mistakes!

Link to my build -

My Picassa Picture Log