Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Good Background Information > Brick Oven Photos

Like Tree78Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2013, 06:38 AM
Apprentice

Default Re: My Wood fired Redux

How about something like this Silicone Sealant for Food Service Equipment Manufacturers 10.3oz - Color: Red - High Temperature: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific
Old 11-04-2013, 06:58 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

I didn't want to put a bead around the panel, because I would still run into the same issue with a material that doesn't conform to the imperfections of the brick reveal once the bead has cured. Thanks though...

I think this is kind of what I'm looking for - Deacon 3300...like a putty that I can stick to my panel, press against the reveal and it will conform to the brick. It stays pliable and can be easily repaired. This product is made for metal to metal, but it won't matter in this application.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Current WFO build -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

When we build, let us think that we build for ever.
John Ruskin

Last edited by stonecutter; 11-04-2013 at 07:01 AM.
Old 11-17-2013, 12:00 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Two leftover dough balls from last night and that means pizza today.

Sausage and Pepperoncini
My Wood fired Redux-s-p-1.jpg

My Wood fired Redux-s-p-2.jpg

Beef Tenderloin, crumbled blue, a bit of motz over a port wine reduction.
My Wood fired Redux-bleu1.jpg

My Wood fired Redux-bleu2.jpg

Current WFO build -

John Ruskin
Old 11-17-2013, 01:51 PM
Apprentice

Sausage and PPC sounds like a great combo! beautiful!

Avoid at all costs that vile spew you see rotting in oil in screwtop jars. Too lazy to peel fresh? You don't deserve to eat garlic." Bourdain
Old 11-17-2013, 02:05 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Thank you....it is one of my favs, everybody seems to like it too. What's not to like though right?

Current WFO build -

John Ruskin
Old 12-06-2013, 03:05 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Making dough today for an oven burn tomorrow..7 peeps.

Haven't touched the roof yet, but I'm planning to pick up some stone next week and get this rolling. Once that is done, I only need to lead flash the chimney and the oven itself is done. I am also trying to form and pour my concrete counter-top for the outdoor cabinet.

Current WFO build -

John Ruskin

Last edited by stonecutter; 12-06-2013 at 05:53 AM.
Old 12-06-2013, 03:24 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Question Re: My Wood fired Redux

Gudday
Hope this doesn't sound like a silly question. By stone for the roof do you mean slate? Or is there some other stone you will use?
Regards dave

My Build

My Door

Old 12-06-2013, 05:01 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobblerdave View Post
Gudday
Hope this doesn't sound like a silly question. By stone for the roof do you mean slate? Or is there some other stone you will use?
Regards dave
No worries Dave ( in my best OZ accent ) happy to answer questions. The stone I am going to use would typically be thought as flagging.....large, flat, irregular paving stone.

It is not slate, but a type of metamorphosed sandstone, which varies in thickness, from 1/4"-3/4". Here is a pic I posted earlier in the thread. This is what I am shooting for....
My Wood fired Redux-new-stone-roof.jpg

I haven't done one like this yet, but to me it's not unlike other types of stonework I have experience with so I'm not concerned....it drills nicely too. I'm pretty psyched to do this...and I returned all my cedar shakes so I wouldn't back out again.
Gulf likes this.

Current WFO build -

John Ruskin

Last edited by stonecutter; 12-06-2013 at 05:05 PM.
Old 12-06-2013, 05:44 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonecutter View Post
No worries Dave ( in my best OZ accent ) happy to answer questions. The stone I am going to use would typically be thought as flagging.....large, flat, irregular paving stone.

It is not slate, but a type of metamorphosed sandstone, which varies in thickness, from 1/4"-3/4". Here is a pic I posted earlier in the thread. This is what I am shooting for....
Attachment 40591

I haven't done one like this yet, but to me it's not unlike other types of stonework I have experience with so I'm not concerned....it drills nicely too. I'm pretty psyched to do this...and I returned all my cedar shakes so I wouldn't back out again.
Looks nice. Is there anything apart from gravity that prevents them flying off in a storm? Reason for asking is that we're in a cyclone area.
Old 12-06-2013, 05:59 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

The old traditional stone roofs used thick heavy stone. If a storm blows them off, nothing would have survived.

For my stone, since it is thinner, I am installing it similar to large slate....that's why I mentioned it drilled nice. I had some samples that I brought home and test drilled a bunch to make sure. So the stone will be attached to cleats with 3" ring shank nails. I'm in a hurricane zone, but anything short of that wont knock this material off.

Current WFO build -

John Ruskin

Last edited by stonecutter; 12-07-2013 at 02:14 AM.