Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Good Background Information > Brick Oven Photos

Like Tree78Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2013, 04:46 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: My Wood fired Redux

Great temporary fix for the cap. Can't hardly wait to see the final "finished wide angle" reveal pic of the build.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 08-07-2013, 06:08 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Thanks Gulf...getting close. Cedar shakes, stonework, chimney stucco and some detailing are the last major steps left.

Current WFO build -

When we build, let us think that we build for ever.
John Ruskin
Old 08-09-2013, 12:57 AM
Laborer

Quote:
Can't hardly wait to see the final "finished wide angle" reveal pic of the build.
Me too.....me too....
Old 08-09-2013, 06:41 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

In between everything, I managed to get the scratch & brown coat done, and the metal insulated panel for my permanent door fabricated.

Putting the oven to use tomorrow so I won't have a chance to work on anything until Sunday night.

Current WFO build -

John Ruskin
Old 08-09-2013, 06:53 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Maybe a bit premature, but I will probably be starting another oven as soon as mine is done...which will be at the end of Sept.

The design will be something like this, but without the rear exit chimney.

My Wood fired Redux-15667677-great-wfo-design-idea.jpg

I'm psyched because I was going to do a stone roof similar to that on my current oven, but decided I wanted to shave weight off.

The elements that I am taking from the picture are: The round enclosure, stone veneer and roof.

I REALLY want to do a rib vault base, but at the very least...I'll do another pointed vault like the one on my oven, except it will be all stone.

Did I mention I'm psyched about it?
the_dr_masuess likes this.

Current WFO build -

John Ruskin
Old 08-14-2013, 09:19 AM
Serf

Stonecutter,

I absolutely love your build! You have set the bar impossibly high for the rest of us. And thanks for your response to my questions about concrete countertops.

For baking bread, I have found that semolina flour sprinkled out of a shaker onto the peel makes the dough slide off like it was on roller bearings. It works really well with both my wood and aluminum peels. With bread, it doesn't seem to burn or taste "funny" either. Have not tried it yet with the higher temperatures used for pizza, though.

Russ
Old 08-14-2013, 11:44 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by couchpotatoe View Post

......thanks for your response to my questions about concrete countertops.

For baking bread, I have found that semolina flour sprinkled out of a shaker onto the peel makes the dough slide off like it was on roller bearings. It works really well with both my wood and aluminum peels. With bread, it doesn't seem to burn or taste "funny" either. Have not tried it yet with the higher temperatures used for pizza, though.

Russ
Thanks Russ. Any more questions on counters feel free to ask.

Thanks for the tip, but I hate semolina and cornmeal on the bottom of pizza...like poison.

Current WFO build -

John Ruskin
Old 08-14-2013, 01:03 PM
Serf

Have you tried rice flour? That's what one of my friends uses. He grinds it in a little flour mill and it is coarse enough that it mostly just falls away when he slides in his pizzas.
Old 08-14-2013, 01:08 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

No, but I am making gluten free pizza for my wife and some friends with gluten issues...so rice flour would be good for that...thanks.

I don't have any trouble launching pies with regular flour, the beveled peel is more of an experiment than a need.

Current WFO build -

John Ruskin
Old 08-16-2013, 07:22 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

It's been raining day and night here for the last three days....and more to come tomorrow and Sunday.

Here is a pic I found on the camera from last Saturday....it is one of the last pizzas of the night. We had run out of dough, so Mom made a small batch of her 'fast' dough...this was 1/2 hour after it was made. Oven was running hot, I would guess 800*-900* at the time. This got made for a bunch of hungry kids coming out of the pool.

Thin crust crust style.
My Wood fired Redux-img_1642.jpg

My Wood fired Redux-img_1643.jpg

Current WFO build -

John Ruskin