Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Good Background Information > Brick Oven Photos

Like Tree78Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2013, 02:33 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: My Wood fired Redux

Looking forward to seeing the final product.

Experiences are the names I call my mistakes!

Link to my build -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Picassa Picture Log
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 07-13-2013, 06:59 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Thanks Russell. It's raining again today, forecast is the same for tomorrow, it's unbelievable this year...I should have started a rice field.

Current WFO build -

When we build, let us think that we build for ever.
John Ruskin
Old 07-13-2013, 08:54 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

What I wouldn't give for some rain. 100+ and humid to boot.
Old 07-13-2013, 09:53 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Yeah, last year, it was in the high 90's to low 100's from April-Sept and hardly any rain. I would rather have this than last year, even though it has cost me many working days on the WFO.

The upside is that the garden is producing like crazy...especially the Jalapenos.

Current WFO build -

John Ruskin
Old 07-13-2013, 09:58 AM
Apprentice

stonecutter,
this has been a great thread to follow. you are wonderfully creative and truly a master at the stone work.

thanks for adding this to the forum. keep posting the pics!!!
jon
Old 07-13-2013, 11:07 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Thanks for the compliment Jon.

Current WFO build -

John Ruskin
Old 07-13-2013, 01:56 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonecutter View Post
The upside is that the garden is producing like crazy...especially the Jalapenos.
I've got some Goathorn peppers going mad. I'm quite looking forward to pickling them for pizza.

If you haven't tried these on pizza yet, you're missing out. Everybody raves about homemade italian sausage and hot pepper pizza

Old 07-14-2013, 09:23 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by deejayoh View Post
I've got some Goathorn peppers going mad. I'm quite looking forward to pickling them for pizza.

If you haven't tried these on pizza yet, you're missing out. Everybody raves about homemade italian sausage and hot pepper pizza
I don't think I've tried that variety before...but I'm a sucker for the briny goodness of pickled anything. I make an Italian sausage and pepperoncini pie that is a crowd (and one of my) favorites.

We have Jalapeno,Habanero, and Cayenne pepper growing now, I think I'll get some of those Goat Horns to add to the garden...my wife cans and pickles so maybe I can get her to do some like the ones in your link.

I have a Scoville chart that shows these @ 2000 units..about double of a Pepperoncini.

Current WFO build -

John Ruskin
Old 07-16-2013, 06:21 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Hmmm..a post of mine about my future patio seems to have vanished.

Anyway, progress is being made.

The oven is insulated with 4"-6" of mineral wool....now that the enclosure is dried in I don't have to worry about rain water.

I finished the roof framing, got the plywood and paper on. Now I need to run the flue through the roof so I can install and flash the chimney. Probably going to be a brick veneer because of weight. After that, cedar shakes go on. I think the brick and the cedar will compliment each other, plus I wanted to get more brick in the design to work with the vault.

Got all the durock sheathing installed except an upper potion of the back gable, and all the wood trim is stained/sealed. I'll start picking away at the stone veneer as time allows. I'm doing more granite work above the arch so that will take a little more time too.

This weekend is the official oven kickoff with no rain in site....15 people, so probably about 20 10" pizzas and some Stromboli. I always send some home with everyone.

Current WFO build -

John Ruskin

Last edited by stonecutter; 07-16-2013 at 06:23 PM.
Old 07-16-2013, 08:45 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

20 pizzas for 15 peeps! Hungry crowd. I find that I always seem to serve 2 pizzas per 3 people. But there are never leftovers. I need to get some take home boxes.