Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Good Background Information > Brick Oven Photos

Like Tree78Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2013, 06:57 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: My Wood fired Redux

Grabbed a couple hours the last couple days for curing fires and some work on the watertable. Yesterday I wet sanded the second slurry coat and then set them on the base....no pics...oops. I applied some Lexel in between the pieces to act as a kind of gasket because I didn't want a joint.

At the same time, I had another fire going...I'm guessing it was in the 500*-600* range.

Today I profiled the watertable and burned a good fire...guessing it was in the 700*-800* range. The bricks were clearing when I stopped adding fuel, it was getting dark and we may get rain later tonight so I need it to cool so I can tarp the dome later tonight.

Next I am going to slurry the profile the wet sand it...then some sealer.

Pics....

My Wood fired Redux-img_1475-new33.jpg

My Wood fired Redux-img_1478-new44.jpg

My Wood fired Redux-img_1479-new55.jpg
Tscarborough and V-wiz like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Current WFO build -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

When we build, let us think that we build for ever.
John Ruskin
Old 04-26-2013, 07:07 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Plenty of cracks on the cladding...none inside the dome that I can tell. Not bothered about the cladding, it's letting steam and moisture out. Today's fire was the hottest yet, and I barely saw any wetness around the cracks...it's getting close. All the fires have been kept burning a minimum of 5 hours.

My Wood fired Redux-img_1477-new66.jpg

My Wood fired Redux-img_1481-new77.jpg

My Wood fired Redux-img_1485-new88.jpg
V-wiz likes this.

Current WFO build -

John Ruskin
Old 04-26-2013, 07:11 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

You are down to the fun part now, fit and finish.
Old 04-26-2013, 07:22 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

You said it...this part never gets old. In a way, the fact that things got held up on this build has been a good thing. The granite work I have planned for the entry will take some time to carve, but I can still frame everything up, insulate and dry it in while that's going on.

Even though I'm looking forward to the stone veneer, I am even more psyched to do the roof.....it's going to be something I have been waiting to do for years for the right customer. I guess this oven will have to do!

Current WFO build -

John Ruskin
Old 04-26-2013, 07:27 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

I dunno, your customer this time is pretty damn picky....
stonecutter likes this.
Old 04-26-2013, 07:33 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tscarborough View Post
I dunno, your customer this time is pretty damn picky....
Guilty as charged...

Current WFO build -

John Ruskin
Old 05-07-2013, 08:15 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Tons of rain the last week and a half. I have only managed to slurry the profiled edges on the watertable...nothing else really. I am hoping to be able to frame around the oven to dry it in and insulate it this weekend. If not..because there may be more rain, I'll at least start carving the outer arch, which will be a solid chunk of granite.

Current WFO build -

John Ruskin
Old 05-18-2013, 08:57 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Stonecutter,

I added your formed concrete to a concrete counter link that I maintain if that is okay. It has a hot link in Lburou's FB treasure archives in the Newbie section.
Old 05-18-2013, 04:47 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahBeehiver View Post
Stonecutter,

I added your formed concrete to a concrete counter link that I maintain if that is okay. It has a hot link in Lburou's FB treasure archives in the Newbie section.
No I don't mind at all. I had posted another concrete slab I did ( for a fireplace hearth ) on another thread but I can't remember where. I'll upload the pics to this thread and if you want those too, feel free.

Current WFO build -

John Ruskin
Old 05-18-2013, 04:54 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

This is hand pressed concrete slabs used for a fireplace hearth. The main color is charcoal, with pewter veining. If anyone is wondering, the stone on the FP is 4"-6" veneer, and is three-side snapped Tennessee Fieldstone.

The slab..

My Wood fired Redux-final-polish2.jpg

My Wood fired Redux-final-polish3.jpg

My Wood fired Redux-final-polish4.jpg

My Wood fired Redux-final-polish9.jpg

My Wood fired Redux-final-polish10.jpg

Current WFO build -

John Ruskin