Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Good Background Information > Brick Oven Photos

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2008, 10:56 PM
Master Builder

Default Re: My Old Kentucky Dome Enclosure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frances View Post
...the buscotti are good then? I need to try those.

what were you expecting Frances?

and you're right Ken, it needed some more toasting the second time...

Jim
Old 04-29-2008, 08:02 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post
Your oven looks great! Is the roof metal? Was it difficult to install?
Thanks John. The roof is all metal. I bought it from Home Depot. Some stores carry the material, some don't. I had to make some phone calls.

It wasn't too hard to install. Just another skill set to learn . I found matching green screws that included green rubber washers. The screws are self-tapping wood screws but they worked fine connecting the metal roofing to the steel studs.

I'm pretty pleased with the results.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Updated!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 04-29-2008, 08:04 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by asudavew View Post
Congrats my friend.
How did you serve that pulled pork?
Thanks Dave!
The pork was served warm on burger buns with pickles and Famous Dave's BBQ sauce. MMMMmmmm

Updated!

Old 04-29-2008, 09:25 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Watch out for CJim. If he hears that you used burger buns, you're going to get scolded!

-
Old 04-29-2008, 09:30 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjbingham View Post
Watch out for CJim. If he hears that you used burger buns, you're going to get scolded!
That is definitely true!

My costs:

My pics:

Old 04-29-2008, 09:41 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

No burger buns? What are we supposed to eat it with... our fingers??

Updated!

Old 04-29-2008, 10:03 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken524 View Post
No burger buns? What are we supposed to eat it with... our fingers??
Buns baked in your oven!
Not store bought...

Dude, you are toast!

My costs:

My pics:

Old 04-29-2008, 11:07 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Geez guys... I've had ONE major bake with my oven and now I'm supposed to be cookin' my own burger and tube steak buns??

I think homemade biscotti gives me a pass to get a few bags of Sam's Club buns. Besides, they were baked fresh in somebody's oven... in the past week or so...

Updated!

Old 04-29-2008, 11:35 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken524 View Post
Geez guys... I've had ONE major bake with my oven and now I'm supposed to be cookin' my own burger and tube steak buns??

I think homemade biscotti gives me a pass to get a few bags of Sam's Club buns. Besides, they were baked fresh in somebody's oven... in the past week or so...
lol

Good point!

And I must admit, I enjoy a fresh squishy hamburger bun with my BBQ too!

There I said it.

My costs:

My pics:

Old 04-29-2008, 02:27 PM
Master Builder

Ken,
I have been away. I just caught up on your progress. Looks fantastic! Great to hear how well it works- no suprise. Must be quite a relief to finally be done! Congradulations.

dusty