Old 09-07-2009, 03:48 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: My Old Kentucky Dome Enclosure

It's absolutely beautiful, Ken! I'm having serious jealous feelings. Maybe in my next house...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 09-07-2009, 04:50 PM
Journeyman

Nice work, Ken. Your oven was the one that inspired me to believe I could do this. I even followed your tried and true string method to good results. I curved and cantilevered a landing and am framing a gabled house. I appreciate your example.

Joe
Old 09-07-2009, 05:08 PM
Master Builder

Looks great, Ken! Congratulations!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 09-08-2009, 02:25 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Wow, its beautiful!! I love all the little details, too - the sun and that little piping fellow and all!

...and so now its finished? Really truely every-nut-and-bolt-is-in-place-and-polished finished? That's impressive all by itself...

Old 09-08-2009, 04:02 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

wow ken,

You have deinitely earned the title "Master Builder" Great job, I'm sure you are very proud

Mark
Old 09-08-2009, 08:29 AM
Master Builder

Congratulations Ken!! Very impressive work.

Old 09-08-2009, 09:25 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Thanks guys. I really couldn't have done this (or even started) without the help of this community!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frances View Post
Really truely every-nut-and-bolt-is-in-place-and-polished finished? That's impressive all by itself...
Uhhmm, well... I need to put some little trim pieces on the 6x6's where they go into the counter tops. And we will ALWAYS be collecting decorations on our travels to adorn the walls with.

Updated!

Old 04-20-2011, 06:19 PM
Serf

Smile Re: My Old Kentucky Dome Enclosure

hey that pergola looks great and i love the finish...can i ask what kind/type of finish you used?

Old 04-20-2011, 07:16 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by houseofparliament View Post
hey that pergola looks great and i love the finish...can i ask what kind/type of finish you used?
Sure! It's Sikkens Cetol DEK finish:
Sikkens: Simply Beautiful Woodcare Products For Your Wood Home

It's a bit pricey but leaves a nice, furniture-like finish.

Updated!

Old 04-20-2011, 09:11 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Wow Ken - that was pulled out of the vault. I'm waiting for someone to ask Paul a question. Any chance of you flying out west for the open house?

If at first you don't succeed... Skydiving isn't for you.