Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Good Background Information > Brick Oven Photos

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2009, 10:22 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: My Old Kentucky Dome Enclosure

Sweet, I really like the pergola. Listen to the therapist, take some time to rest and don't wear out those joints.....seriously. I finished off both shoulders on my build (as well as a few other projects). Nothing a couple of surgerys couldn't fix, but I pretty much lost a year of fun and free movement because of it.
I won't mention that you hired a stucco crew if you don't mention the fence builder I just used.....If anyone asks, YOU did a helluva job.

RT
Old 08-20-2009, 11:47 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Wow, that's great! Lovely sitting area and lovely suroundings.

It all looks so inviting and restful, like you'd want to sit down there and just not leave again. ...so maybe its a good thing I'm sitting half way round the world from you.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 08-21-2009, 09:42 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Thanks RT! I can definitely sympathize about the shoulders. After I built the arbor, my right shoulder hurt for over 6 months. I finally when to an orthopedic guy - he informed me I have arthritis... and I thought 44 was still young!

Oh well... I'm going to the gym now and working with a personal trainer. The shoulder is starting to feel better and I've lost 20 pounds in the process; so I'm better over all.

Frances, if you are ever at our end of the planet, you are always welcome to sit and relax as long as you like!

Updated!

Old 08-22-2009, 08:03 PM
Journeyman

Ke
Looks Great. Love the Pergola. What are the details on the outdoor fan? I have an open pergola and bought a "wet rated" fan. The box bill be enclosed so I'm guessing I'll be okay. Just wanted to check before I install it.

Thanks
Dick
I'll have to post some new pics of my counter area.
Old 08-23-2009, 06:23 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Hi Dick,

I bought two "wet" fans and had the electrician install them. He said they were "technically" for covered porches. There is about a 5 or 6" diameter area on top of them that shouldn't be exposed to water.

My electrical boxes didn't quite cover this area so I fashioned some circular shields out of some heavy plastic (I think they were bottoms of margarine containers or something similar). We put the shields between the fans and the boxes and caulked them. So far so good!

Good luck with your fans!

Updated!

Old 08-23-2009, 06:32 PM
Journeyman

Ken,

Thanks. My electrical box will be completely covered/sealed and "think" my fans are "wet rated" but I'll confirm when my electrician hooks them up. I just run the wiring

Dick
Old 08-25-2009, 11:13 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

The stucco guy finished up in 3 days.

Here's to you Mr. Professional Stucco Application Guy!

Professional stucco job = $1500
Avoiding elbow and shoulder surgery = Priceless
Attached Thumbnails
My Old Kentucky Dome Enclosure-img_4465.jpg   My Old Kentucky Dome Enclosure-img_4466.jpg   My Old Kentucky Dome Enclosure-img_4467.jpg  

Updated!

Old 09-07-2009, 02:56 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Finished! Our patio/pizza "restaurant" is officially done.

...and I have a beer can chicken in the oven as I type (but that's for a different thread!).
Attached Thumbnails
My Old Kentucky Dome Enclosure-img_4480.jpg   My Old Kentucky Dome Enclosure-img_4481.jpg   My Old Kentucky Dome Enclosure-img_4483.jpg   My Old Kentucky Dome Enclosure-img_4484.jpg  

Updated!

Old 09-07-2009, 03:11 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Very, very nice Ken. Awesome job!

Les...

If at first you don't succeed... Skydiving isn't for you.
Old 09-07-2009, 03:15 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Thanks Les! We had our christening yesterday with a Labor Day pizza party. We cooked about 16 full size pizza and appetizers. Everything tasted great on the new bars and tables.

Updated!