Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Good Background Information > Brick Oven Photos

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2009, 04:56 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: My Old Kentucky Dome Enclosure

I finally finished my "time lapse" photo documentary video for my oven build. The previous one ended when I finished my dome. This one shows the whole build. Hope you like it!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Updated!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 04-25-2009, 06:31 PM
Laborer

Beautiful.
Old 04-25-2009, 06:44 PM
Master Builder

After that oven build - I'd expect nothing less than a perfect video.

Nice job! That video will certainly add a few more brick oven makers to our fold.

Christo

Old 04-26-2009, 01:41 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Wow, that is very very cool!

All my children and one of the neighbour's just watched it with me . And they were all very impressed, let me tell you.

Old 04-26-2009, 11:33 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Thanks guys and gals! I figured it was the best way to put all my pictures to good use.

Updated!

Old 04-26-2009, 11:49 AM
Serf

Wow! I just watched that video. I wish I had seen it a couple of months ago. It does the job of explaining the process that words could never do!!!!!!
Old 08-20-2009, 06:07 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Here's a quickie update on our patio. I've been busy building some bar-height counters and a food prep counter next to the oven. The tile counter top is done. The food prep area has granite tile.

I wanted a solid piece of granite for the prep top, but $800 was over budget so we went with tile. (<$100). I was hoping to lay it flat enough to slide a peel on, but my amateur tiling skills weren't up to it. It still looks really nice and is fine for building pizza's on the peel (which is how we've been making pizza anyway).

Next step is to stucco. I bit the bullet and hired a guy to stucco it for me. My elbow and shoulder are on the mend and the Physical Therapist would shoot me if I screwed it up on stucco .
Attached Thumbnails
My Old Kentucky Dome Enclosure-img_4448.jpg   My Old Kentucky Dome Enclosure-img_4451.jpg  

Updated!

Old 08-20-2009, 06:50 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Looks very cool Ken, nice place to be. Do you have fences in Kentucky or is that all your land?

Les...

If at first you don't succeed... Skydiving isn't for you.
Old 08-20-2009, 06:58 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Les,

We live in an equine friendly "5 acre" subdivision. Everyone has at least 5 acres. We got lucky and got an 8 acre lot near the end. We love it! Lot's a places for the kids to hike and explore. We have a creek at the back of the property that is loaded with fossils and a slave-built stone retaining wall. I need to do some research on the area to find out the dirt.

Updated!

Old 08-20-2009, 10:04 PM
Journeyman

Ken,
Very nice job, great looking oven and patio area. Listen to your Physiotherapist.
Eric