Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Good Background Information > Brick Oven Photos

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2009, 06:12 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: My Old Kentucky Dome Enclosure

You should have just told us what hard work it was putting in the pavers... could have fooled me! It looks great, the cement and the lighting both - and its really nice seeing your oven again.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 04-09-2009, 04:07 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Les View Post
Awesome Ken! Are you putting in grass in the dirt area or plant stuff? Whichever way you go - looks great..
Les,

I was going to simply replant the grass until I saw your post. A few shrubs and plants will look good! We're heading to HD and Lowes tomorrow to shop for a dogwood tree, phlox and boxwoods.

Thanks for the idea!!

Updated!

Old 04-09-2009, 04:10 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frances View Post
You should have just told us what hard work it was putting in the pavers... could have fooled me!
Thanks Frances! It's amazing what they can do with concrete. They did a nice job matching the color to the bricks on our house.

Updated!

Old 04-09-2009, 05:27 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken524 View Post
Thanks for the idea!!
No problem - just trying to keep you working.

Les...

If at first you don't succeed... Skydiving isn't for you.
Old 04-10-2009, 05:55 PM
Serf

Ken,

Thanks for the directions to your pics. Looks good to me. Where did you get the studs? I just returned from Lowe's and they no longer cary them.
Old 04-10-2009, 05:59 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Try Home Depot. Here in Louisville, HD and Lowe's carry them but I've heard that some markets don't have them. You might also try a lumber store like 84 or another similar place. If your local lumber yard doesn't have them, they should know who does.

Good luck on your search!

Updated!

Old 04-11-2009, 02:30 PM
Master Builder

Quote:
my better half insisted I call the "concrete boys". We had them put in a colored, stamped concrete apron around the area. We love it!
How could you not! Looks fantastic! Now I understand a bit more about why the wife is referred to as the "better half".

And the outside speakers...GENIUS!!! Bet the ball game comes in loud and clear. Hee Hee. Cubs? Braves? Nationals maybe?

Anyway, you keep saying you're done and then it keeps getting better.
And if the Hall of Fame ever happens, you are a shoe in.

dusty
Old 04-11-2009, 06:54 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Thanks Duster! The ball games are great on the wireless speakers. We listened to one of the NCAA games a couple of weekends ago during a pizza party.

If anyone is interested, here is what we are using:
Amazon.com: Audio Unlimited Wireless Speakers with Remote (SPK-VELO-001): Electronics

We bought the speakers from a local Circuit City store during their liquidation. They are the "Element" brand which was a Circuit City house brand. The ones in the Amazon link are a different label but I'm 99% sure they are identical to mine. The picture is dead-on.

For cheapo speakers, they are surprisingly loud and clear (they are mono, but outside who cares?).

You plug the little base station into the 3.5mm output of your favorite audio device (iPod, radio, CD, TV, whatever) and you are good to go.

Once we get some spring painting done, I'll start building our bar-seating under the arbor.

Updated!

Old 04-12-2009, 08:19 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Once we get some spring painting done, I'll start building our bar-seating under the arbor.

...and then you'll be "finished", right?

Well, appart from digging the outdoor swimming pool.

Old 04-12-2009, 08:28 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frances View Post
...and then you'll be "finished", right?

Well, appart from digging the outdoor swimming pool.
We already dug the pool (actually we hired people to do it ). Here's a time-lapse my son and I made during that project 2 years ago: YouTube - Time Lapse of Swimming Pool Installation

Updated!