Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Good Background Information > Brick Oven Photos

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2008, 08:57 AM
Apprentice

Default Re: My Old Kentucky Dome Enclosure

Cool Breven! That looks really good! Thanks for the fill data...

buying out all the perlite/vermiculite in town and living in Ca, surprised you did not get a visit from the local DEA lol....
Old 08-22-2008, 09:10 AM
Journeyman

That's funny. You know, when I was pouring my insulated foundation, they had pallets of Perlite & Vermiculite. Now that I need 10 bags, all they had was a few here and a few there. Most had holes all over the bags. You should have seen me taping up holes like a madman. I did get a couple of strange looks, even asked what is all that for? Then got high 5's when I explained its for a WFO!

See ALL of my pictures here:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 08-22-2008, 09:36 AM
Apprentice

WFO? weed fired oven?

I got the same thing when I told the local garden center that I needed 15 bags of vermiculite... got a lot of "whcha growin?"
Old 08-22-2008, 10:56 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddj View Post
WFO? weed fired oven?

I got the same thing when I told the local garden center that I needed 15 bags of vermiculite... got a lot of "whcha growin?"
hahah

Did you order some 400w HPS lights too?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My costs:

My pics:

Old 08-25-2008, 12:57 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

So everyone doesn't think I've gone sedentary now that the oven is done, here's a picture of our arbor construction.

I'm over-engineering it so it will withstand the weight of 2 ceiling fans and a wisteria cover - using 6x6 posts and lots of concrete .
Attached Thumbnails
My Old Kentucky Dome Enclosure-img_3077.jpg  

Updated!

Old 08-25-2008, 12:59 PM
Apprentice

Hey that looks good! needs some porch swings with cup holders
Old 08-26-2008, 03:00 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Nice! You could hang up hammocks between those posts, too. For when you do finally take a break from all this construction stuff...

Old 08-26-2008, 11:46 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Hmmm... Hammocks and cup holders.

Updated!

Old 08-27-2008, 06:04 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken524 View Post
Hmmm... Hammocks and cup holders.
You've just got to love this forum... Such a lot of good advice!

Old 09-24-2008, 12:56 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Here's a quick Arbor Update:

The structure is finished. I'm waiting for the electrician to come out to hook up some electricity to it. It will have two ceiling fans, a floodlight to light up the oven and several outlets. We are also thinking about building some integrated counters in the corner for bar stools.

We had a pizza party for 25+ adults a couple weekends ago. The oven performed beautifully. My son and I essentially ran a "cook-to-order" pizza restaurant for 2 hours. What a blast!!

My other news is that the recent windstorm here in Louisville (courtesy of IKE) provided me with a nice oak and walnut tree. I broke down and bought a log splitter; an MTD Yard Machine from HD. It works GREAT. I highly recommend either buying or renting one (my 43 year old body can't handle splitting wood like it used to). I then built the nifty wood rack out of scrap treated lumber I had laying around. It's loosely based on this Lowe's project: Firewood Rack
Attached Thumbnails
My Old Kentucky Dome Enclosure-img_3086.jpg   My Old Kentucky Dome Enclosure-img_3087.jpg   My Old Kentucky Dome Enclosure-img_3085.jpg  

Updated!